Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tower speaker help

Default Re: Tower speaker help

Quote Originally Posted by robpar View Post
    Thanks again for the comments...
    Should the Sierra towers be or can be bi-amped? I could not tell very well by the images...
    I forgot to mention my speakers are currently bi-amped (NAD C375BEE integrated and NAD C275BEE amp)
    Sierra Towers do not come with bi-wire / bi-amp inputs. We do offer this for a $75 per speaker fee, but to be honest - there is no reason to spend the additional money. Passive bi-amping or bi-wiring offers no performance advantage.

Would they be a good match to the NAD's?
    Fantastic match with your NAD electronics. I have been using using NAD electronics since the late 80's

What would return shipping typically run? (from Atlanta)
    These may end up being my last set of speakers; I can't afford 10K speakers ; )
    Best to give us a call or send us an email regarding estimated return shipping fees - but I wouldn't be concerned about it. We sell a lot of towers and average only 1-2 pair returned per year. We design these to be the last set of speakers you will ever want
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

My Polks sound much better bi-amped. The bass is much fuller (I'm not a Sub fan for music).
    Still debating whether to pull the trigger...
    Thanks!

My Polks sound much better bi-amped. The bass is much fuller (I'm not a Sub fan for music).
    Still debating whether to pull the trigger...
    Thanks!
    Are you using an AVR or separate amps to bi-amp?

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Are you using an AVR or separate amps to bi-amp?
    Separate amps. Parasound 2250 for the low end, NAD C375BEE for the high end

Separate amps. Parasound 2250 for the low end, NAD C375BEE for the high end
    So you probably have higher gain going to the low-end compared to the high-end, right? That's why you hear "fuller" bass.

So you probably have higher gain going to the low-end compared to the high-end, right? That's why you hear "fuller" bass.
    I was wondering about that. Do the amplifiers each have the same gain spec.?

Exactly - that or the NAD might have been running out of juice...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I was wondering about that. Do the amplifiers each have the same gain spec.?
    Both amps have gain dials to balance them when bi-amping, since I am using the Nad also as a pre-amp I'm using the NAD dial to adjust the gain of the second amp
    I guess, what I am asking is if the Sierra towers would benefit from a similar setup?

I own the C375BEE, that's an interesting set up you have. I concur that if you are setting the gain by ear or what "sounds" best, the bass is probably turned way up. There is the risk of overdriving the woofers in this case, but as long as you are careful there should be no trouble.

The best way to get the bass you want is to get a powered subwoofer. A decent sub will easily outperform your Polk LSi's. You could then sell the Parasound amp. If you ordered the Sierra Towers with bi-amp inputs, it's hard to say whether you'd gain any bass over the Lsi's alone, but with the Raal tweeter the upper end would be noticeably better.

Thanks
    I hate subs for music (don't ask why). I have one upstairs for movies (B&W monitors and Sub) and party music...
    I can easily remove the Parasound and move it to another room or use it to drive another set of speakers (which I may)
    I am also looking very heavily into Aperion Verus II Grand Tower (bi-ampeable, similar good reviews, 60 day return, free shipping both ways) so at this point, I'm doing as much research as possible.
    I don't want to order both but I may have to
    Thank you very much
    Last edited by robpar; 10-10-2017 at 10:31 AM.