Thread: Can i mix Ascend speakers?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Can i mix Ascend speakers?

Hi,

I'm currently looking for speakers, im running old JBL Studio series bookshelves that have work great over time, but from a long time i always have had a very unique attraction toward ascend speakers, but i don't have the budget toward going with full RAAL setup, maybe in the future, but not something that i'm really dying for, and tbh from the beginning i have been trying to try the CMB170s. My room is 16'x13' (10' height), i'm not changing the sub yet, its an old SVS 25-31 PCi.

I do have a wish though, probably not something that i would recommend, but the reality is that in Guatemala there is 0 chance of audition ascends, so i kinda would like to take the opportunity and also test different speakers.

So my idea is to go with a Sierra Horizon with the NRT tweeter, i just simply speechless when i see it, looks like the best center i have ever seen, 2x CMB 170 for mains and 2x HTM 200 for surrounds. But i do fear having different drivers and tweeters how will all around as a set, im not interested on music, this setup will be 99% for movies. the speakers wont be mounted right on the wall, I have speaker mounts similar to BT77 but can fit bigger bookshelves.

So tell me what you think, will it sound good or i'm I making a mistake? maybe you guys think its best to drop the Sierra Horizon in favor of a CMT340, but I honestly would like to try it out, the CMT340 might be a great speaker, but ever since i saw the horizon... its something that i cant get out of my mind, but if you think its better to go with CMT340 and try to timber match the setup, i can be easily persuaded.

Thanks for your time into reading my thread, hope you leave some feedback,
    Last edited by Abula; 09-27-2017 at 10:54 PM.