Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flush mount for HTM-200SE

Default Re: Flush mount for HTM-200SE

I'd do two brackets if you could. As I recall, the person who did this and posted used the existing mount holes as well as a couple of longer bolts for the bottom (and into ceiling joist).

Are you saying use two of the flush mount brackets or just two L brackets?

I wouldn't use L brackets as I wouldn't want to drill top/bottom or sides. I'd rather have any additional holes in the back.

As I mentioned before, someone posted here a few years ago where they mounted on the ceiling (may have even been flush, I don't recall) but used lag bolts through the joist(s) into the back of the speaker. Not sure if you have access above the ceiling to do this.

The flush mounts should work, as well as maybe a U-bracket.

Got it.

I will order the flush mounts and give it a try. If only my Yamaha receiver I ordered 2 months ago would arrive!

I hear you on waiting for new equipment. It took some 6-8 weeks for me to get the new amp & preamp I ordered earlier this year.

Its crazy how everything is in short supply these days! At some point the manufacturing will catch up

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Its crazy how everything is in short supply these days! At some point the manufacturing will catch up
    It's really crazy. In my 3+ decades of manufacturing experience in this industry, I have never witnessed anything like this. It is like a perfect storm of problems... It now costs about 10X what it cost just 6 months ago to ship a container from Asia to the states, and then when it does arrive - it can sit a month or more waiting to dock and be unloaded.

I really do not understand what is happening right now, but many so called "experts" predict this will continue well into 2022 (I certainly hope not) I was hoping that this administration would waive the China Tariffs that trump implemented (Biden has basically undone everything else) as this would help ease the massive premium a company must now pay to get any product from overseas, but sadly there is not even talk about this.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

My laptop gave up a couple weeks ago, went to Best Buy to get a new one. All the ones with really good performance and large screens were out of stock. Finally settled for an HP, great performer, screen too small for my old eyes. HDMI out though, so I can connect to a flat panel.

Wife's birthday was yesterday, she wanted her very own rider mower. Went to 3 different stores, Farm and Fleet was willing to sell one of their floor models. It's like an episode of "Twilight Zone" out there.

Jay

Crazy times for sure!