Thread: Upgrade existing CBM-170 to 170SE? - Parts availability

Default Upgrade existing CBM-170 to 170SE? - Parts availability

I've come across two CBM-170's, and I'm considering them for surround speakers. They'll mate with my current Ascend RAAL towers and Sierra-2 center.

Is it possible to upgrade a CBM-170 to a CBM-170SE, and are the relevant parts available from Ascend?

Thanks,
    Steve

Default Re: Upgrade existing CBM-170 to 170SE? - Parts availability

Quote Originally Posted by Sbrom View Post
    I've come across two CBM-170's, and I'm considering them for surround speakers. They'll mate with my current Ascend RAAL towers and Sierra-2 center.

Is it possible to upgrade a CBM-170 to a CBM-170SE, and are the relevant parts available from Ascend?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Yes - we do actually offer this, but keep in mind you need to replace both woofers, both tweeters and both crossovers. The parts are not inexpensive and combining that price with what you are likely paying for an old used set of classic 170's -- it probably makes more sense just to purchase a new set of 170SE's.

Please send me an email if you would like pricing on the 170SE upgrade kit.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Upgrade existing CBM-170 to 170SE? - Parts availability

Thanks Dave, I suspected as much.

I'll start saving up and buy the real thing, maybe even work toward Sierra-2's which would be my dream surrounds.

Thanks,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes - we do actually offer this, but keep in mind you need to replace both woofers, both tweeters and both crossovers. The parts are not inexpensive and combining that price with what you are likely paying for an old used set of classic 170's -- it probably makes more sense just to purchase a new set of 170SE's.

Please send me an email if you would like pricing on the 170SE upgrade kit.

Thanks!