Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horizon as a back surround speaker

Default Re: Horizon as a back surround speaker

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    I know exactly which speakers you have. Those are some very capable tower speakers. RAAL Horizons in the back would work perfectly with that system. Not overkill IMO.

BTW, I'm assuming your Raal Horizon center matches well with your towers? If so, that is pretty impressive for the Horizon, considering the price difference.
    Horizon holds its own ,very nice center speaker .
    Bunch of speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Put the two horizons in the front and put the towers in the back as surrounds?
    That would not work
    Bunch of speakers

Quote Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
    That would not work
    Is there no matched center for your towers? If so, I'd get that center + 1 horizon and move your current horizon to surround duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Is there no matched center for your towers? If so, I'd get that center + 1 horizon and move your current horizon to surround duty.
    His fronts are $13K/pair and he already mentioned he doesn't want to spend like that for a center. Since he is already using the Horizon as a center and stated it matches well and holds its own, 2 more ribbon horizons are likely the best option for his surrounds. I don't think the Sierra-2 will be able to keep up all that well due to the dynamics this customer is looking for in his system.... Horizons are a very significant step up from Sierra-2 with regards to dynamics...

Our dome horizons might be a good choice too, since our NrT dome has quite a bit in common with the domes in the customer's towers...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    His fronts are $13K/pair and he already mentioned he doesn't want to spend like that for a center. Since he is already using the Horizon as a center and stated it matches well and holds its own, 2 more ribbon horizons are likely the best option for his surrounds. I don't think the Sierra-2 will be able to keep up all that well due to the dynamics this customer is looking for in his system.... Horizons are a very significant step up from Sierra-2 with regards to dynamics...

Our dome horizons might be a good choice too, since our NrT dome has quite a bit in common with the domes in the customer's towers...
    Dave, do you ever have anyone run Horizons vertically? Is that a big compromise?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Dave, do you ever have anyone run Horizons vertically? Is that a big compromise?
    We have about a dozen customers using vertical horizons as mains (ribbons). All of these customers have been extremely pleased
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com