Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Have you done any lobing tests on a vertically oriented Horizon? Would it show improvements vs. horizontal?
Are you sure you have a firm understanding of what you are discussing? There is really no such thing as a "lobing test". Lobing shows itself on the most basic of off-axis frequency response measurements, of which we publicly post for all of our speakers. I know you don't fully understand this, but asking if I evaluate off-axis response measurements of our speakers is like asking a Physics PHD if he understands the Mass-Energy Equivalence Formula or asking a mechanic if he knows how to change the oil in a car It is, perhaps, the most basic starting point for speaker design (at least for somewhat competent engineers)

May I ask why you are so concerned with this? As I stated, horizontal off-axis lobing is not an issue with the Horizon.

Please see the polar response here: http://www.ascendacoustics.com/image...rizonpolar.gif

Did you read Audioholics conclusion in that same article? As quoted in the article:

"Acoustical interference caused by multiple drivers playing the same bandwidth is a non-issue if the radiating driver's cutoff frequency is low enough so that the distance between adjacent drivers is small relative to the wavelengths they are producing in equal or near equal proportions. (This is known in filter-speak as the "transition band" or "crossover band"). As the order of the crossover is increased (6 dB to 12 dB to 18 dB to 24 dB or beyond), the amount of phase shift within the crossover band increases, so the likelihood of the two speakers being out of phase at any given angle off-axis increases, while the frequency range over which this is an issue decreases. This is why it can be acceptable to horizontally place multiple woofers and midranges (if the center to center distance between them is closer than the highest wavelength of operation) but, typically NOT tweeters."