Thread: wall mount for Luna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: wall mount for Luna

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Yeah. As I said in the OP, I need to be able to turn and tilt, so flush mounting isn't going to work for at least one pair of these.

Same reference as Post #2 above. And like I responded to that one, I was (am) hoping for something that gets me closer to the wall.

Ah well, it's still early days. Maybe someone will come up with something. Or I can put in the effort and make one that does what I want. It's just that I'm so damn lazy these days....
    Please keep in mind that if you want to angle / tilt the speaker, there must be enough clearance behind the speaker to allow for the tilt.

The bracket I recommended places the speaker at only 2.5" from the wall, and thus allows for a decent amount of tilt in any direction. I don't think you will find a bracket with the options you need that will place the speaker closer to the wall.

I have attached a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Please keep in mind that if you want to angle / tilt the speaker, there must be enough clearance behind the speaker to allow for the tilt.

The bracket I recommended places the speaker at only 2.5" from the wall, and thus allows for a decent amount of tilt in any direction. I don't think you will find a bracket with the options you need that will place the speaker closer to the wall.

I have attached a pic.
    Would this bracket be able to support a 90 degree rotation? i.e. Could I place the bracket on the rear wall and rotate it 90 degrees to face the MLP?

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Would this bracket be able to support a 90 degree rotation? i.e. Could I place the bracket on the rear wall and rotate it 90 degrees to face the MLP?
    Clearance says no; the speaker would touch the wall before you get to 90*

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post

I have attached a pic.
    Thanks for recommending these mounts. Very fairly priced and perfect for the Lunas.

https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Univaersal-Satellite-Speaker-Bracket/dp/B005BV0FHG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8