Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wall mount for Luna

Default wall mount for Luna

Thinking about a Luna pair for surrounds. For my HT room, I'd need a decent wall mount that would let me tilt them down a little, and rotate them a little. This is due to a doorway being in the wrong place (as it has been since 1962 I believe -- why don't builders plan ahead? ), and a high backed couch from the 1980s (this, I should just replace, but I'd rather spend the money on a Luna pair!).

So, the Lunas are smaller than the Sierras. I'd like to go with a smaller wall mount that'll get the speakers closer to the wall (Lunas have front ports so don't need wall clearance, yes?).

It's early days for the Luna I know. But has anyone got any suggestions for wall mounts for these little guys yet?
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington

Default Re: wall mount for Luna

Check out Dave's suggestion in the Luna thread.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    Check out Dave's suggestion in the Luna thread.
    I crawled through much of that thread; didn't see that though, so thanks.

I'm actually looking for something that will put the speaker closer to the wall. But if that single threaded insert is the only mounting point, that may be... difficult. Hmmm....

How about something like this?

Let's you tilt & rotate. You could probably slide the speaker pretty far back so it's close to the wall, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GISALQK...=2QRGK03YIR1PZ

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    I crawled through much of that thread; didn't see that though, so thanks.

I'm actually looking for something that will put the speaker closer to the wall. But if that single threaded insert is the only mounting point, that may be... difficult. Hmmm....
    The Luna's have a single threaded insert and an integrated keyhole bracket. The keyhole bracket is used to simply hang the speaker on a woodscrew or nail for flush mounting.

Please see the picture in this post:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...6672#post56672

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    The Luna's have a single threaded insert and an integrated keyhole bracket. The keyhole bracket is used to simply hang the speaker on a woodscrew or nail for flush mounting.
    Yeah. As I said in the OP, I need to be able to turn and tilt, so flush mounting isn't going to work for at least one pair of these.

Please see the picture in this post:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...6672#post56672
    Same reference as Post #2 above. And like I responded to that one, I was (am) hoping for something that gets me closer to the wall.

Ah well, it's still early days. Maybe someone will come up with something. Or I can put in the effort and make one that does what I want. It's just that I'm so damn lazy these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Yeah. As I said in the OP, I need to be able to turn and tilt, so flush mounting isn't going to work for at least one pair of these.

Same reference as Post #2 above. And like I responded to that one, I was (am) hoping for something that gets me closer to the wall.

Ah well, it's still early days. Maybe someone will come up with something. Or I can put in the effort and make one that does what I want. It's just that I'm so damn lazy these days....
    Please keep in mind that if you want to angle / tilt the speaker, there must be enough clearance behind the speaker to allow for the tilt.

The bracket I recommended places the speaker at only 2.5" from the wall, and thus allows for a decent amount of tilt in any direction. I don't think you will find a bracket with the options you need that will place the speaker closer to the wall.

I have attached a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Please keep in mind that if you want to angle / tilt the speaker, there must be enough clearance behind the speaker to allow for the tilt.

The bracket I recommended places the speaker at only 2.5" from the wall, and thus allows for a decent amount of tilt in any direction. I don't think you will find a bracket with the options you need that will place the speaker closer to the wall.

I have attached a pic.
    Would this bracket be able to support a 90 degree rotation? i.e. Could I place the bracket on the rear wall and rotate it 90 degrees to face the MLP?

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Would this bracket be able to support a 90 degree rotation? i.e. Could I place the bracket on the rear wall and rotate it 90 degrees to face the MLP?
    Clearance says no; the speaker would touch the wall before you get to 90*

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |