Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA, Aperion, Salk or Ascend upgrade questions

Default Re: PSA, Aperion, Salk or Ascend upgrade questions

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    Hey guys what do you think about using Luna's as mains and surrounds as long as your using a couple of really good subs? Could you get away with 5 Luna's and again a couple great subs? How come there is no product page for the Luna's?
    You could use Luna's as Mains and a Center but I would only do that if I had space restrictions. The Luna is very similar to the Sierra-2 but the 2 is still a little better. More bass and dynamic capability. Why doesn't the Luna have its own product page? I think it's cause the Luna just came out this year and there will be a new website in the near future.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    You could use Luna's as Mains and a Center but I would only do that if I had space restrictions. The Luna is very similar to the Sierra-2 but the 2 is still a little better. More bass and dynamic capability. Why doesn't the Luna have its own product page? I think it's cause the Luna just came out this year and there will be a new website in the near future.
    Thanks, I was looking at from a save a bit if money on the whole system. I guess its back to 3 Sierra 2;s and Luna's for surrounds. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks, I was looking at from a save a bit if money on the whole system. I guess its back to 3 Sierra 2;s and Luna's for surrounds. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    That's what I have and I don't think you can go wrong with that. If you get b stock Sierra 2s, they're the same price as Lunas
    Nate

Hey guys what do you think about using Luna's as mains and surrounds as long as your using a couple of really good subs? Could you get away with 5 Luna's and again a couple great subs? How come there is no product page for the Luna's?
    I love the Luna's as mains, but you definitely must go with a sub or two. How far back will you be sitting from the front speakers?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I love the Luna's as mains, but you definitely must go with a sub or two. How far back will you be sitting from the front speakers?
    I'm about 11 to 12 feet back. I do like the b-stock idea on the Sierra 2's though. Can you always or mostly always find them in b-stock?
    The Luna's as mains or really all 5 channels sound like a doable idea that would sound great? I'd definitely use 2 subs in the scenario.

Another suggestion is 3 Sierra 2's across the front and a pair of HTM200SE or CBMs as surrounds. I use the S2 + HTM set up, along with an E15HP sub. Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Another suggestion is 3 Sierra 2's across the front and a pair of HTM200SE or CBMs as surrounds. I use the S2 + HTM set up, along with an E15HP sub. Sounds great.
    That's what I use, but with a F15HP...agreed, it sounds great.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    That's what I use, but with a F15HP...agreed, it sounds great.
    I have feelers in for Lunas and F15HP to replace my S1500.

I wonder if I will think I shouldn't have spent the effort to replace the sub just to experience the servo design.

I am a music lover though, but the type of music with hard bass slams. That doesn't mean I don't want accurate, undistorted bass, I still like to hear all that bass detail from my speakers + sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    I have feelers in for Lunas and F15HP to replace my S1500.

I wonder if I will think I shouldn't have spent the effort to replace the sub just to experience the servo design.

I am a music lover though, but the type of music with hard bass slams. That doesn't mean I don't want accurate, undistorted bass, I still like to hear all that bass detail from my speakers + sub.
    The Rythmik still hits hard when needed...no issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Doubtful. You'll probably be thinking "Why did I wait so long?" instead.

I've had that happen twice recently. First was a couple of years ago when I got a pair of Rytymik LVX12s setup and dialed in. Second was January when I got my Sierra-2s setup and dialed in. Both are quite impressive by themselves. Together they have a synergy that has to be heard to be believed.

Why *did* I wait so long?
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington