Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: PSA, Aperion, Salk or Ascend upgrade questions

Default Re: PSA, Aperion, Salk or Ascend upgrade questions

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    Well I might be a little bit closer to ordering 3 Sierra 2's to start. My wife I believe just got a new job paying better. I get a 3 dollar an hour raise my self in Feb. That may be when my order comes in?
    Awesome! While you're waiting, check out this thread. Be sure to check out the addendum and see what he ended up with.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...nergy-kef.html

Thank you for the link. That was interesting, I didn't read the entire thing but the first page alone was great.

Well I might be a little bit closer to ordering 3 Sierra 2's to start. My wife I believe just got a new job paying better. I get a 3 dollar an hour raise my self in Feb. That may be when my order comes in?
    Congratulations! We will be here when you are ready....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Congratulations! We will be here when you are ready....
    Thanks Dave, I'm actually thinking of doing something I swore I'd never do because it really not fair and that is order 3 Sierra 2's and 3 PSA MT-110's to have a shootout over a month or so. I hate that idea though so in the end I probably won't do that. Its not really fair to the speaker company's.

Thanks Dave, I'm actually thinking of doing something I swore I'd never do because it really not fair and that is order 3 Sierra 2's and 3 PSA MT-110's to have a shootout over a month or so. I hate that idea though so in the end I probably won't do that. Its not really fair to the speaker company's.
    Isn't that what free trials are designed for? So that the home user can audition fairly?

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Isn't that what free trials are designed for? So that the home user can audition fairly?
    Yes but for these more quality companies like Ascend I know it hurts that business to get returns so it's something I really don't want to do. I might still do it but would like to avoid that and just make a decision on one or the other.

JC...I may have missed it, but where are you located?

IMO, you really need to get out and listen to everything you can, it will help, especially with wondering what you may like better than what you currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    JC...I may have missed it, but where are you located?

IMO, you really need to get out and listen to everything you can, it will help, especially with wondering what you may like better than what you currently have.
    Honestly and this may be short sighted but I'm done with store brands. I don't want to get into the 50% or more retail cost markup and then what the parts cost and all that again. I'm kinda stuck on ID only speakers at the moment, good or bad.

Honestly and this may be short sighted but I'm done with store brands. I don't want to get into the 50% or more retail cost markup and then what the parts cost and all that again. I'm kinda stuck on ID only speakers at the moment, good or bad.
    Not to buy, but to listen. Just go listen.

I've read a bunch of posts on here and other sites that describe the Sierra 2's as a "laid back" sound. What exactly does that mean? I also has someone PM me on another site that said he had Sierra 2's and that he has had no desire whatsoever to upgrade to anything except the Sierra towers. He said the RAAL Ribbon tweeter is beyond great.