Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA, Aperion, Salk or Ascend upgrade questions

Default Re: PSA, Aperion, Salk or Ascend upgrade questions

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the country. But there's got to be someone in your area with Ascends.

Last time I listened to Def Techs was years ago and I felt they were bass heavy and a bit tinny. But it looks like the new models are better.
    Yeah not this particular line from Def Tech, the studio monitor line. I have SM 65 mains, and center. SM 55 surrounds if you want to check them out. They sound really, really excellent, they really do. I have had only Def Techs since I got into this hobby nearly 20 years ago. Its all I have ever known, and so maybe I just don't know what a truly great speaker is. Maybe I just don't know any better.
    That is why it'd be cool to do a double listening test, 2 sets of ears to hear the Ascend and then the Def Techs. That would be a cool and fun experiment.
    One thing that is bothersome is I sent Ascend an email 2 Fridays ago, it took 4 or 5 days to get an email asking me a bunch of questions about listening preferences and sound preferences. I never received a return email. That is a bit ridiculous. I know with PSA I can chat with Tom nearly 7 days a week. Salk always return emails from Jim Salk himself and pretty quickly.
    Oh also I will NOT order Ascend speakers and return them, that really hurts Ascend. When I buy its for keeps. I will NOT do that to Ascend acoustics.

I'm on the gulf coast, so not close enough to do a comparison.. although I do get to NJ several times a year for work.

I agree that the SM65 are probably a step up then the procinema's I have. I did find the Sierra's too have a lot more detail and clarity, plus a lot less fatiguing during long listening sessions.

They were closed for summer holiday a week or so ago...perhaps that's what caused the delay in reply. Both Dave and Dina are really good at returning emails - usually in a day or two.

I may have asked this before but if you buy in bunches, say 3 Sierra 2's at once is there a discount of some sort? What is the first thing I'm gotta notice when I set up and listen to the Sierra 2's? In case you want to look at what i have now and interpret what you see as compared to the Sierra 2's I'm gonna include a link just to see what your trained eyes tell you.

https://www.definitivetechnology.com...udiomonitor-65

I'd be interested to see what you have to say.

Yes, Ascend have discounts on multiple speaker purchases. I believe it's detailed on the site somewhere - otherwise, give them a call on Monday and Dina can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Yes, Ascend have discounts on multiple speaker purchases. I believe it's detailed on the site somewhere - otherwise, give them a call on Monday and Dina can help you out.
    Thanks I'll look for that then on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    Thanks I'll look for that then on the site.
    Check out the System Advisor.
    http://ascendacoustics.com/pages/pur...isor.mv#bottom
    -curtis

thanks, Curtis. Just tried it - you have to select your system, add to cart, then view cart to see the discount...

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    3 x Sierra-2 across the front works great. Personally I would only get the Horizon if I had the towers.
    I'd try to fit in a third tower if I had RAAL towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    I'd try to fit in a third tower if I had RAAL towers.
    The Horizon has the same drivers and cabinet volume as the Tower, but if you can make a Tower work as the center, that's great.

Hey guys what do you think about using Luna's as mains and surrounds as long as your using a couple of really good subs? Could you get away with 5 Luna's and again a couple great subs? How come there is no product page for the Luna's?