Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
Very off topic, but somewhat timely given that Apple just announced the iPhone 10 or whatever they're calling it:

Anyway, this reminds me of a certain icon who used to run Apple. He may have been the master of asking/inquiring into other company's products, then synthesizing those ideas into products of his own.

The iPhone was a good example of this. I know he "befriended" the leadership of another tech company at the time, picked his brains, acted as if he was interested in a joint-effort. Then when he got all the info he wanted, he stabbed his "friend" in the back and made his own product.

There's a little more detail that I know but probably shouldn't say. I think you can get the gist of it.

I'm not saying Tom V. did or did not do this - I truly have no idea there. I'm just saying that story reminded me of the story above.
Been looking at the iPhone X... but it starts at $1000? I have been happy with my 6 - not even a single problem in over 2 years and battery is still decent, not even sure why I actually need a new phone -- must resist that urge