Thread: I'm super new to Ascend and super hesitant on buying these ...some questions for you

Default I'm super new to Ascend and super hesitant on buying these ...some questions for you

The 340 SE's

I can't find video anywhere or sound samples?

Can someone give me a review - maybe some pic of their setup?

Do I want these?

I have a set of JBL 230's in my cart one Ebay $ 150.00 cheaper too.

But before I get those I wanna see what these are about.

Thanx

Default Re: I'm super new to Ascend and super hesitant on buying these ...some questions for

Quote Originally Posted by MetalLover View Post
    The 340 SE's

I can't find video anywhere or sound samples?
    IMO, these are useless. Differences in speaker placement, microphones, source quality, and that fact that they'll be played back on different speakers means you really have no idea what you'll actually get based on these kinds of things.

Can someone give me a review - maybe some pic of their setup?
    I don't own a set of these, but my brother does. He bought these after he heard my Sierra-1s. They are terrific for the price. I think the only thing at a similar price point that are competitive are the Chane A2.4s, but those are sold out right now and have been for a while.

Do I want these?
    If they're in your budget and work for your space, you probably do.

I have a set of JBL 230's in my cart one Ebay $ 150.00 cheaper too.
    They are much better than the JBLs. Don't get me wrong, the JBLs aren't bad, but the Ascends are just on another level.

But before I get those I wanna see what these are about.
    Try them! If you don't like them, send them back.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Default Re: I'm super new to Ascend and super hesitant on buying these ...some questions for

So the ascend is a step up next level from your big store brands I take it.

Thank you for the reply - how is the soundstage ?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalLover View Post
    So the ascend is a step up next level from your big store brands I take it.
    No comparison whatsoever. You would have to spend significantly more money (at least double) to get similar performance and component quality from big store brands. There are plenty of reviews of the 340's available and yes, sound samples are useless - all you would actually be sampling are the speakers you are listening to the samples through....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I've had 340SE for center and CBM-170 SE for front L/R. The sound stage is pretty awesome. You can't go wrong with these. What I really like about these speakers is the way these speakers blend in the bass, midrange and higher frequencies. I have tested other speakers as well and these are the best bang for the buck. These speakers come with 30 day in home trial and you can always return them if you don't like them.

Below is the link from a member on the vs fourm where he tested out several speakers and finally went with the 340 and 170's.

Big Audition Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nikhilnh View Post
    I've had 340SE for center and CBM-170 SE for front L/R. The sound stage is pretty awesome. You can't go wrong with these. What I really like about these speakers is the way these speakers blend in the bass, midrange and higher frequencies. I have tested other speakers as well and these are the best bang for the buck. These speakers come with 30 day in home trial and you can always return them if you don't like them.

Below is the link from a member on the vs fourm where he tested out several speakers and finally went with the 340 and 170's.

Big Audition Thread
    What are your feelings on the Ascend now ?
    I' surprised you didn't go all 340Se?

Musically can they match the lac 6?

As I said I have tired few other speakers , but none sound the way Ascends sound for music. The crossover in the Ascend is special and it sets it apart from other brands that I have heard. I haven't heard the Elac 6, but from the audition thread that I had posted the link in the previous thread it seems to be better than Elac.

The only reason I didn't go with all 340s were the size of the speakers. I had to put the speakers in the living room and my wife wouldn't agree for anything larger than bookshelves for L & R channels.
    Last edited by nikhilnh; 12-03-2017 at 07:06 PM.