Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the country. But there's got to be someone in your area with Ascends.

Last time I listened to Def Techs was years ago and I felt they were bass heavy and a bit tinny. But it looks like the new models are better.
Yeah not this particular line from Def Tech, the studio monitor line. I have SM 65 mains, and center. SM 55 surrounds if you want to check them out. They sound really, really excellent, they really do. I have had only Def Techs since I got into this hobby nearly 20 years ago. Its all I have ever known, and so maybe I just don't know what a truly great speaker is. Maybe I just don't know any better.
That is why it'd be cool to do a double listening test, 2 sets of ears to hear the Ascend and then the Def Techs. That would be a cool and fun experiment.
One thing that is bothersome is I sent Ascend an email 2 Fridays ago, it took 4 or 5 days to get an email asking me a bunch of questions about listening preferences and sound preferences. I never received a return email. That is a bit ridiculous. I know with PSA I can chat with Tom nearly 7 days a week. Salk always return emails from Jim Salk himself and pretty quickly.
Oh also I will NOT order Ascend speakers and return them, that really hurts Ascend. When I buy its for keeps. I will NOT do that to Ascend acoustics.