Thread: Sierra 2 amp needs

Default Sierra 2 amp needs

I was running my Sierra 2 for a while now from Emotiva mini A-100 and i always liked the sound

Recently i switched it out to Yamaha receiver rx-v675(mainly due to ease of using with a remote) and i have to say the life is sucked out of the audio. Poor dynamics is what i noticed the most.

I wonder how many are running these fine speakers from AVR taps and do not get the best sound possible.

Also if anyone had a chance to try different amps with Sierra 2, did you find any special pairing?

Default Re: Sierra 2 amp needs

I run my Sierra 2s and Lunas with Emotiva XPA-200 and Sierra Towers + Horizon with Emotiva XPA-3. I tried the Sierra 2s with Parasound A23 and didn't find any difference in sound so I returned it back and kept the XPA-200.
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Quote Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
    I run my Sierra 2s and Lunas with Emotiva XPA-200 and Sierra Towers + Horizon with Emotiva XPA-3. I tried the Sierra 2s with Parasound A23 and didn't find any difference in sound so I returned it back and kept the XPA-200.
    I am debating this as well, because I currently have a RX-A660, and I'm thinking of donating this receiver to my parents for a RX-A2070 + Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 for the Front LCR. They current run a Denon from the late 90's, early 00's.

It's also an excuse to add another pair of Atmos speakers to my condo.

Quote Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
    Thanks! Parasound was in my list of items to try one day, but i probably don't need to rush out and get one because Emotiva does an excellent job powering the Sierra 2s

I think i will get rid of my AVR and get some separates