Thread: HELP With Bedroom HTM 200 HELP

Default HELP With Bedroom HTM 200 HELP

Hello, I'm new here and I am a big fan of quality speakers.

I have a man cave where my main set up is placed, but in the new bedroom I now have a need as well. The room is very large. 21 x 17...if you pretty much cut the room in half, one half has our King size bed, then we have a love seat facing a 55" TV in the other half. You can only see the TV from the love seat. So basically this is a system that will be for only the two people seated in the love seat.

So acoustically it's not ideal and will never be perfect, but I want to make it as nice as I can. It's not in my DNA to get a Vizio Soundbar...I'm just not going to do that. My wife and I watch TV and movies every night together on this TV.

Now my limitations are these...my wife will not allow anything big or bulky. So I'm looking for smaller speakers.

I have been looking at the HTM 200 SE...

I will be using a sub. That's easy enough to hide.

So my two option are a 2.1 with a HTM 200 mounted on either side of the TV, or a 3.1 with a HTM 200 as the center as well.

So my Ascend friends will these HTM 200 speakers give me enough sound. No I'm not looking for crazy room rattling loudness..I'm looking for accuracy and clarity.

We don't listen to music much...honestly this will be 98% Home theatre. Maybe 99%

Eventually if she goes to the coast for the weekend I might be able to sneak in the 2 surround channels . Lol

So will these HTM 200 work for what I'm looking for?

Thank you

Default Re: HELP With Bedroom HTM 200 HELP

I think they should be fine. I'm using these as Front/Rear heights in my tv room (16x12, 12 foot ceiling, open on two sides) and will be ordering a 3rd pair to replace some Def Techs I'm using as surrounds. LCR are Sierra 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by bigaodtom View Post
    It's not in my DNA to get a Vizio Soundbar...
    I like you already. But that should be any soundbar, not just Vizio—just say "no" to soundbars of all stripes!

So my Ascend friends will these HTM 200 speakers give me enough sound. No I'm not looking for crazy room rattling loudness..I'm looking for accuracy and clarity.
    "Accuracy and clarity" is kind of what Ascend is all about. It's what has made us enthusiastic owners.

The HTM-200s are not only not large (good for WAF), they're sealed, so they're super easy to place. They don't put out a tremendous amount of bass, but since you'll have a sub, that shouldn't be an issue. Essentially, half your room is 10.5' x 17', which isn't too big; at 89dB they're pretty sensitive, so they should get plenty loud enough for that space. I'd think they should be pretty much perfect for your application.

Oh, and since you said this is basically just for movies, I'd definitely go 3.1. You really need that dedicated center for movies; that's where all the dialog comes from.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Hello, I'm new here and I am a big fan of quality speakers.

I have a man cave where my main set up is placed, but in the new bedroom I now have a need as well. The room is very large. 21 x 17...if you pretty much cut the room in half, one half has our King size bed, then we have a love seat facing a 55" TV in the other half. You can only see the TV from the love seat. So basically this is a system that will be for only the two people seated in the love seat.

So acoustically it's not ideal and will never be perfect, but I want to make it as nice as I can. It's not in my DNA to get a Vizio Soundbar...I'm just not going to do that. My wife and I watch TV and movies every night together on this TV.

Now my limitations are these...my wife will not allow anything big or bulky. So I'm looking for smaller speakers.

I have been looking at the HTM 200 SE...

I will be using a sub. That's easy enough to hide.

So my two option are a 2.1 with a HTM 200 mounted on either side of the TV, or a 3.1 with a HTM 200 as the center as well.

We don't listen to music much...honestly this will be 98% Home theatre. Maybe 99%

Eventually if she goes to the coast for the weekend I might be able to sneak in the 2 surround channels . Lol

So will these HTM 200 work for what I'm looking for?

Thank you
    I am quite confident that our HTM-200's will literally shock you with their performance for their size. At your listening distance, you will have no problem reaching even extremely loud volume levels and I also recommend using the 200 center...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Would it be advantageous to get a 340 for the center? Then put the 200 on the Left and Right?

I want to use one of the Slim AV reciever. Integra has a 5 x 80 Watt and Marantz has a 4 x 50 watt. I'm familiar with Marantz , no idea if Integra is reputable or not.

Integra is the upmarket Onkyo (like Acura is to Honda). Should be OK.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Would it be advantageous to get a 340 for the center?
    The 170, 200 and 340s should all sound quite similar. The 200s are sealed making them easier to wall mount or place in compromised locations. The 170s are the ported giving them a bit more bass extension than the 200s and they can play a slight bit louder. The 340s are just a bigger version of the 170s with even more bass extension and can play even louder than the 170s. I would stick with the 200s.