Thread: New Ascends Suggestion for basement game room

Default New Ascends Suggestion for basement game room

Hi, I sold my house, and my theater and 340's went with it. I will be looking for new Ascends for my new home. Space will be a basement entertainment area, 2 channel only. Oh yeah, my SV Sub was also part of old home deal. Listening will be mostly iTunes, some CD and will also start into LP's. Its a decent size room, about 700 sq ft, concrete block wall and tile floor. Not much currently there for absorbtion. Might need to add some rugs or treatments to help with acoustics. Considering all options from Ascend, Towers alone or 170's or 340's with a sub. I have a pair of 170Se's that I am keeping, maybe 4 of these with a sub? Will be adding pool table, TV's with small sitting area.

Appreciate your thoughts!

Default Re: New Ascends Suggestion for basement game room

Quote Originally Posted by Highlife View Post
    Hi, I sold my house, and my theater and 340's went with it. I will be looking for new Ascends for my new home. Space will be a basement entertainment area, 2 channel only. Oh yeah, my SV Sub was also part of old home deal. Listening will be mostly iTunes, some CD and will also start into LP's. Its a decent size room, about 700 sq ft, concrete block wall and tile floor. Not much currently there for absorbtion. Might need to add some rugs or treatments to help with acoustics. Considering all options from Ascend, Towers alone or 170's or 340's with a sub. I have a pair of 170Se's that I am keeping, maybe 4 of these with a sub? Will be adding pool table, TV's with small sitting area.

Appreciate your thoughts!
    I think it depends on what kind of listening you'll be doing. If it's just background music and movies, than the 170s or 340s would be fine. If you want to hear a more detailed and accurate version of the recording than the towers will deliver that. Whether you need a sub or not might depend on your personal taste and what kind of music you'll be listening to.
    Nate