Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sierra-2 Recommend AVR Crossover Frequency?

Default Re: Sierra-2 Recommend AVR Crossover Frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    That is great, that you can hear the difference between the two. Is there a noticeable difference in output capabilities between the S1500 and the F15HP, when watching movies?
    To my untrained ear, I would say there are ranges where both outperform the other when volume matched by ear without a meter, but the F15HP is usually more apparent throughout the range AND runs at a lower gain / volume than the S1500.

I’ve got my 2’s crossed at 90hz and it sounds seemless with my JL e112. No localization at all.

For around $100 you can get a Umik-1 and if you can get a computer or laptop in the room, pair it up with REW (Room EQ Wizard) which is free. Using these tools and a bit of reading, you'll be taking frequency response and waterfall graphs of your room in no time. Ears are always a great test, but I find that running test tone sweeps and seeing EXACTLY how the different crossover frequency settings integrate the S2s with the subs is what you want.

Had mine at 60hz for a long time until I eventually did this. Turns out 90hz with Dynamic EQ Off and MultEQ XT32 Flat was the magical setting for the flattest freq response.

Cheers!
    Last edited by tknice; 02-22-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    Video: JVC RS540 w/Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH / HDFury Vertex 2 w/Dolby Vision
    Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
    7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Ex (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
    2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
    4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
    Theater Pics / Desktop