Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Atmos Speakers

Default Re: Atmos Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post

Pic of my current 3.1.2 setup.

Too bad Ascend didn't have an upfiring speaker, otherwise I would've been all over that. The AFX provides a bit, but played back to back with the Sierra-2, there's no contest or timbre match. I'm thinking about selling and switching to a KEF R50 Atmos instead.
    You should consider putting the modules on the speakers. With up firing speakers so low, you are gonna hear the direct sound emissions instead of mostly just reflections. You ideally want them at least above ear level but under half the height of your wall.

I see some great ideas on mounting. Hopefully I'll be able to setup an Atmos system in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomName View Post
    You should consider putting the modules on the speakers. With up firing speakers so low, you are gonna hear the direct sound emissions instead of mostly just reflections. You ideally want them at least above ear level but under half the height of your wall.
    They were originally on top of the speakers. I moved them lower to increase effective distance because I wasn't as convinced of the Atmos effect.

They sound better in their current position.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomName View Post
    I did more testing and ended up moving the upfiring speakers back on top of the front L/R, after playing the Jan 2015 Dolby Demo disk.