Thread: distance from sidewall for Sierra-2 in a really small room?

Default distance from sidewall for Sierra-2 in a really small room?

I just received a pair of Sierra-2 to replace my old B&W CM-7 floorstanders and wow...I am loving them.

Now however, I have the task of figuring out how to mount them in my room. We have a super small room (hence the ned to replace my floorstanders) so I think we will need to mount them near the ceiling. The dimensions are 7.5' wide, 11' long, and 9.5' tall and we'll be sitting right up against the back wall.

They will be used in a 3 channel setup. The Center (B&W CM Center) is going to be house inside a cabinet around ear level.

I know this isn't a great situation but I'm trying to make the best of it.

Any advice on where to put the speakers on the ceiling? I'm thinking as close as possible to the front wall and about 1 foot in from the side walls, no toe-in, but angled down to point close to the listening area.

Does that sound about right? Or should I put it closer to the side walls?

Default Re: distance from sidewall for Sierra-2 in a really small room?

Quote Originally Posted by awong View Post
    I just received a pair of Sierra-2 to replace my old B&W CM-7 floorstanders and wow...I am loving them.

Now however, I have the task of figuring out how to mount them in my room. We have a super small room (hence the ned to replace my floorstanders) so I think we will need to mount them near the ceiling. The dimensions are 7.5' wide, 11' long, and 9.5' tall and we'll be sitting right up against the back wall.

They will be used in a 3 channel setup. The Center (B&W CM Center) is going to be house inside a cabinet around ear level.

I know this isn't a great situation but I'm trying to make the best of it.

Any advice on where to put the speakers on the ceiling? I'm thinking as close as possible to the front wall and about 1 foot in from the side walls, no toe-in, but angled down to point close to the listening area.

Does that sound about right? Or should I put it closer to the side walls?
    Would it be possible to post some pictures of your room? Also, my understanding from your post is that you wish to mount the speakers from the ceiling. How high off the ground will they be and at what approximate distance will the listening position be from the speakers themselves? I would also recommend flipping the speakers vertically such that the tweeter is below the woofer, since you will be mounting them high up.

Thanks in advance!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com