Thanks for that suggestion MH. I felt a little bad after I'd posted this because (as I already knew) there are so many requests for basically the same advice, over and over. I was hoping my conditions of use and speaker pairing would be more specific, but it's basically the same question, isn't it?
I'd ruled out separates but was still looking into that Emo combo when you posted that. So much for principled resistance. I find myself looking at a lot of integrated amps that are way out of my budget but still (technically) affordable---Rogue Sphinx, Peachtree Nova, etc etc etc---but it's started to make me feel dizzy and exhausted. Those more expensive options would probably rule out a sub, too. It's a trade-off. I'm fairly determined to find something quite powerful for possible use with much less efficient speakers than the Sierras, as it's only a matter of time before I develop a wandering eye and/or get some towers.

I have read that Emotiva gear is noticeably "bright", one Reddit know-it-all going so far as to say it was a bad combination with very neutral or 'analytical' like the Sierra-2's (he named the Sierras specifically). Based on some Ascend Forum testimony, I am assuming this is bogus advice.

Thanks again for your suggestion!