Thread: Opinions on Aggressive Toe-In?

Default Opinions on Aggressive Toe-In?

I've been doing some reading on aggressive toe-in where the right speaker is aimed at the left seat and the left speaker is aimed at the right seat. Assuming the center is the MLP, this would criss-cross the direct output in front of the MLP.

I wonder if this is even recommended for the RAAL tweeter speakers, specifically the S2 that I have.

Default Re: Opinions on Aggressive Toe-In?

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    I've been doing some reading on aggressive toe-in where the right speaker is aimed at the left seat and the left speaker is aimed at the right seat. Assuming the center is the MLP, this would criss-cross the direct output in front of the MLP.

I wonder if this is even recommended for the RAAL tweeter speakers, specifically the S2 that I have.
    Try it. You've got nothing to lose, and it is easy to undo. Then you will have first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Try it. You've got nothing to lose, and it is easy to undo. Then you will have first hand experience.
    I tried it with YPAO. Just awful, hollow and tinny. Went back to traditional toe-in alignment aiming slightly behind the map.

I highly recommend giving this vid a watch sometime. It may help you think outside the box when it comes to speaker placement in general. The great thing is, experimenting doesn't cost anything but your free time- and little alterations in all directions can sometimes pay big dividends.

Several years back I went to HSU Research to listen to their subs and they had their speakers set up like that. I can't remember the reason why.

Aggressive toe in, if you have reflective sidewalls, can significantly reduce those early reflections.