Thread: 5.1 with Sierra Towers w RAAL, Sierra Horizon & Sierra 2's (sub recommendations)

Default 5.1 with Sierra Towers w RAAL, Sierra Horizon & Sierra 2's (sub recommendations)

Looking to rebuild my family room HT and planning on following:

- Sierra Towers (Main's)
    - Sierra Horizon (Center)
    - Sierra 2's (Surround)

Wanted to see if others have this set-up and what Sub's were used for best integration for lower base. What crossover you used for sub etc.

Any thoughts and or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Default Re: 5.1 with Sierra Towers w RAAL, Sierra Horizon & Sierra 2's (sub recommendations)

If primarily for HT, why not go with the subs Dave recommends as he helps sell them on his site. Dual Rythmik FVHP15's. If you read the rythmik section of this forum, Dave thought about building his own sub but after looking at what Brian Ding did with his servo subs, decided he couldn't engineer anything substantially better and started to offer Rythmik subs on the ascend website instead. I personally have a FVHP15 for my HT and a F12 for my stereo system.

Default Re: 5.1 with Sierra Towers w RAAL, Sierra Horizon & Sierra 2's (sub recommendations)

Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
    If primarily for HT, why not go with the subs Dave recommends as he helps sell them on his site. Dual Rythmik FVHP15's. If you read the rythmik section of this forum, Dave thought about building his own sub but after looking at what Brian Ding did with his servo subs, decided he couldn't engineer anything substantially better and started to offer Rythmik subs on the ascend website instead. I personally have a FVHP15 for my HT and a F12 for my stereo system.
    Thank you and appreciate the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by LRL View Post
    Looking to rebuild my family room HT and planning on following:

- Sierra Towers (Main's)
    - Sierra Horizon (Center)
    - Sierra 2's (Surround)

Wanted to see if others have this set-up and what Sub's were used for best integration for lower base. What crossover you used for sub etc.

Any thoughts and or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    Welcome to the forum LRL.

This is a very popular system... There are a few factors to be considered when choosing the right subwoofer and we would be happy to assist you with this. Please feel free to contact me directly or simply give us a call at the office.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Welcome to the forum LRL.

This is a very popular system... There are a few factors to be considered when choosing the right subwoofer and we would be happy to assist you with this. Please feel free to contact me directly or simply give us a call at the office.

Thanks!
    Dave:

Thank you for the reply. I will call to discuss.

Thanks again,

Lloyd