Thread: Sierra-1 tweeter stock or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sierra-1 tweeter stock or not?

Just curious what Dave's, or anyone else's, thoughts are on what a guy (a fairly experienced diy type with good electrical knowledge) over on Audioholics advising another member that this stock Seas tweeter will be fine as a replacement in his Sierra-1. I see what Dave has written elsewhere, and posted same in this thread.

Default Re: Sierra-1 tweeter stock or not?

Quote Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
    Just curious what Dave's, or anyone else's, thoughts are on what a guy (a fairly experienced diy type with good electrical knowledge) over on Audioholics advising another member that this stock Seas tweeter will be fine as a replacement in his Sierra-1. I see what Dave has written elsewhere, and posted same in this thread.
    I would suggest waiting for Dave to reply, if he sees this thread. I don't think he responds to every single thread though. So if you are in a hurry, I would just call Ascend and ask. They will be able to tell you for sure what you need and you can probably get it send directly from them to make sure you have the correct replacement. They might also be able to troubleshoot the problem you are having, so you don't replace something that might not be broken.

I have posted a reply in that same thread...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I have posted a reply in that same thread...
    That TLS guy is a real jerk. Dave was classy as always.
    Last edited by mikesiskav; 04-24-2017 at 08:31 PM.

I just love how that guy assures people how SEAS operates. Jeeze. I know I got kinda uppity about Monoprice a couple times, but this guy takes it to epic levels of audiophile paranoia.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Thanks to Dave for the great response on the AH thread.

Thanks to Dave for the great response on the AH thread.
    Very welcome - I found that thread incredibly disrespectful and in over 3 decades of being a professional in this industry, I have prided myself on being open, honest and as transparent as possible. Any of my peers or any professionals I have worked with over the many years would fully agree.

To be called a BS artist by someone who knows nothing about our history, or our relationship with any of our vendors - and especially by someone who claims to be extremely knowledgeable and is well respected, well - that was extremely upsetting to say the least. Not even an apology....

We had another nice visit from Claus (SEAS's CTO) this Wednesday and it really was no surprise that TLS Guy didn't accept my invitation to call in and talk to Claus directly. Perhaps he might have learned a few things - I always do when I meet with Claus...

Anyway, this is why I stay far away from Audioholics these days, the lack of respect for companies other than the "site favorites" is a deal breaker for me.

Happy to call this place my home
    Last edited by davef; 04-28-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I read AH almost every day but rarely post there.

That particular poster, whose name I won't mention, is consistently a condescending, know-it-all jerk. He's like that to everybody, Dave, not just to you. He's a fairly smart guy who knows a lot, but he doesn't know everything - yet he thinks he does. In his mind, his opinions are FACTS.

I've learned to find his posts amusing instead of infuriating. I get a kick out of watching him dig himself into a hole and then trying to scream his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    I read AH almost every day but rarely post there.

That particular poster, whose name I won't mention, is consistently a condescending, know-it-all jerk. He's like that to everybody, Dave, not just to you. He's a fairly smart guy who knows a lot, but he doesn't know everything - yet he thinks he does. In his mind, his opinions are FACTS.

I've learned to find his posts amusing instead of infuriating. I get a kick out of watching him dig himself into a hole and then trying to scream his way out.
    Thanks for putting things into perspective for me Beave. I have always found you to be a voice of reason.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks Dave - and same to you (regarding you being a voice of reason in the audio world).