Thread: New Ascend / Rythmik 7.2 System in North Atlanta

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Ascend / Rythmik 7.2 System in North Atlanta

Hi Everyone,

When I started thinking about upgrading my Onkyo HTIB system, I looked at a lot of options. I was trying to keep things relatively inexpensive and initially though I would just add a BIC Sub to upgrade my current system. But reviews of the BIC subs on Amazon got me interested in HSU and I almost pulled the trigger on a complete 7.2 HSU system. But with my new higher budget in mind, I though I should look around at other ID speaker companies a bit. When I finally stumbled across Ascend, The size and specs of the CMT-340 SEs and the HTM-200 SEs really fit what I was looking for exactly. So never having heard them, I took the gamble and ordered a complete 7.2 system complete with 2 Rythmik FVX15s.

Although I don't think the FedEx guy was very happy about the subs, everything arrived in perfect condition. It took a while to get everything installed, as my previous mounts were not quite beefy enough for the HTM-200s. But, once everything was hooked up and calibrated, I was blown away. The system really sounds great and I am very happy with the performance. I love to sit an listen to all of my music in stereo mode, and movies sound awesome with all channels firing.

Guitar and other string instruments really seem to shine on the 340s. I hear so much detail coming from guitar that I never noticed before. Vocals also sound great, and it is amazing how you can sense the performer's location.

The bass form the Rythmiks is really incredible. Even with my open floor plan basement on a slab, you can really feel the bass.

I do think that I am a bit underpowered driving the entire system with my old Onkyo TX-NR717. I am looking at adding a Monolith 7 from Monoprice to boost the power levels.

P1170459.jpgP1170464.jpgP1170465.jpgP1170467.jpgP1170468.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images