I bought a pair of towers with the ribbon option last year and have enjoyed them tremendously. These replaced Martin Logans and over the years I have owned quite a number of really good loudspeakers for a lot more money. The towers are special and are a rare breed in sound accuracy, dynamics, imaging, and natural sound for a price that's a steal.

Everything was great until one of our cats decided to jump on one of the towers and pushed it over landing abruptly on a solid wood floor. Needless to say, the impact wasn't kind to the speaker. The cabinet experienced some damage and the ribbon looked damaged. I was surprised as to the small amount of physical damage which is a tribute to the build quality and well-engineered cabinet.

I called Ascend's office and as I live local it was suggested that I bring the speaker in to have it checked out. Dave, Dina, and team treated me like gold and my speaker like one of their kids. Within a day they repaired the cabinet, replaced the ribbon (damage was beyond repair), and tested the speaker completely to assure all was well. I was treated like family and they really cared and felt bad for what happened. For a very reasonable amount of money they took care of me in a way that is rare in any industry no less the audio industry. As a raging fan of the sound of Ascend speakers I am now a raging fan of the company, what they stand for, and their passion for their customers. Well done and now I must go back to listen to my wonderful towers. A very satisfied customer.