Thread: Want to add a second sub - same model or diffrent?

Default Want to add a second sub - same model or diffrent?

I have the Sierra 2 and horizon center paired with a SVS PB-2000 sub. My next upgrade is for another sub. Do I go with the same model sub or do I mix it up and get a Rythmik sub?

The room is a dedicated theater. 19' X 15' with 8' ceiling. I am currently running 7.1 setup with SVS prime satellites for the side and back surrounds.

Thanks for any input!

Default Re: Want to add a second sub - same model or diffrent?

Since you already have the SVS, unless you are willing to sell it, it would be best to go with another PB-2000. I love my Rythmik, so if I had the budget I would add another. Regardless, I'd keep them the same.
    Last edited by Mag_Neato; 02-21-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

You absolutely, positively always want to buy identical subs. Getting two different subs, especially from different vendors, to blend together is next to impossible and takes a lot of very complex EQ to do right. Even getting matching subwoofers setup perfectly usually takes a lot of effort, even Dirac doesn't always get it right.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Thank you for the info. Are two subs worth the effort? I keep seeing articles where the consensus is that two subs are best for a theater/music room.

Two identical subs are actually far easier to set up than a single sub.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers