Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra 2 stands

Default Sierra 2 stands

Sorry if this topic has been discussed to death already

but would like to know some stand recommendations for Sierra 2, so i can finally take em off the coffee table and potentially upgrade the sound

Preferably under $100 and available on amazon

Thanks!!

Default Re: Sierra 2 stands

Any stands by Sanus or Pangea Audio are fantastic. At the price you're looking at, you'll want to get the Sanus Natrual series, which are made of wood instead of metal.

https://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Systems...ywords=natural
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

I use these Sanus stands:
    https://www.amazon.com/Sanus-SF26B1-.../dp/B004T7VCM0

A touch over your budget, but these wooden stands are well under $100:
    https://www.amazon.com/Sanus-BF24B-I...XAHZEKW6ACSWB8
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I agree Sanus stands are great! My stands were discontinued a few years ago, but they are amazing and built like tanks. I think they're UF30, but I'd go for the burliest heaviest stands you can stand to see in your room.
    Last edited by bkdc; 02-14-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Sanus Steel Force Series or any of the VTI stands would be a good choice

More importantly is for you to first determine what is the height you need...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have decided to go with steel stands just for the long term durability sake, and willing to go slightly over by budget(as always )

I still have few questions, I could use your help with
    1. Top plate seems quite small on most of the stands, compared to the dimensions of Sierra 2. Is it not required that entire speaker's base has something to rest on?
    2. Top plate on Sanus stands seem to have some kind of studs instead of rubber feet. Resting the Sierra 2s on the studs might damage the base..right?
    3. Is 26inch really the ideal height for a stand? Sitting in a regular computer chair, my ears are at height of 44 inch, so 34 inch seems like the height of the stand I need. But I am sure I am missing something here

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by maheeinfy View Post
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have decided to go with steel stands just for the long term durability sake, and willing to go slightly over by budget(as always )

1. Top plate seems quite small on most of the stands, compared to the dimensions of Sierra 2. Is it not required that entire speaker's base has something to rest on?
    2. Top plate on Sanus stands seem to have some kind of studs instead of rubber feet. Resting the Sierra 2s on the studs might damage the base..right?
    3. Is 26inch really the ideal height for a stand? Sitting in a regular computer chair, my ears are at height of 44 inch, so 34 inch seems like the height of the stand I need. But I am sure I am missing something here

Thanks again!
    1. The top plate on all speaker stands are rather small. You don't need the plate to be the same size as the speaker. It is perfectly stable with that design.

2. If you don't like the little poker things you can always use some rubber furniture isolators or sorbothane dots. I just didn't install them at all on my Sanus stands, went with Blu-Tak instead. My Pangea stands don't have those, they have little felt stickers that go on the stands instead, much friendlier.

3. The Pangea LS300 stands that I really like come in 4 different heights, 36 being one of them, and also 32, so if you go with the 36 it'll put them slightly above ear level, which would likely be perfect. Most stands are designed for people sitting on sofas, not at desk chairs, so that usually accounts for the height difference.

Get the LS300 from Audio Advisor. They are a great company with fast shipping. No returned/damaged products like I've gotten from Amazon, when I got extendable stands that had a warped metal base on one of them. Ugh.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGLS300
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    1. The top plate on all speaker stands are rather small. You don't need the plate to be the same size as the speaker. It is perfectly stable with that design.

2. If you don't like the little poker things you can always use some rubber furniture isolators or sorbothane dots. I just didn't install them at all on my Sanus stands, went with Blu-Tak instead. My Pangea stands don't have those, they have little felt stickers that go on the stands instead, much friendlier.

3. The Pangea LS300 stands that I really like come in 4 different heights, 36 being one of them, and also 32, so if you go with the 36 it'll put them slightly above ear level, which would likely be perfect. Most stands are designed for people sitting on sofas, not at desk chairs, so that usually accounts for the height difference.

Get the LS300 from Audio Advisor. They are a great company with fast shipping. No returned/damaged products like I've gotten from Amazon, when I got extendable stands that had a warped metal base on one of them. Ugh.

Thank you for the detailed response. It really helped!

I was considering LS300 as well; good to know its the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by maheeinfy View Post

Thanks again!
    1. Not an issue as stated above.
    2. the Sanus stands come with both metal spike studs and rubber bumpers which utilize the same holes in the top plate. I did not want to damage the cabinet so I opted for the rubber bumpers.
    3. 26" is the perfect height for MY setup. I had 30" stands prior and the tweeters were too high as I sit on a couch. Choose the height that puts the tweeter closest to ear level.

Additionally, the stands come with spikes and rubber bumpers to use in the base as well depending on the floor you are placing them on, and they employ heavy gauge steel throughout.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post

I'm using the same stands for my sierra 2's (side surrounds). No complaints!!!

For my front left and right sierra 2's i got Sanus sf26 stands.