Thread: New Pair of CMT-340 SE on their way!

Default New Pair of CMT-340 SE on their way!

Placed my order last Friday, got an email early this week from Dina notifying that the speakers were going to be assembled and tested in 1-2 days, got shipment notification today.

Speakers to arrive on Tuesday. Will report impression once I set them up. The CMT-340 SE will be my new LR mains, powered by an Emotiva Fusion 8100 AVR in a 5.1 configuration, assisted by a Rythmik L12 sub.

The system is for mixed Music/HT duties, but I am primarily interested in optimal performance with 2-ch music (the 8100 can deliver 2x110W in stereo mode).

Can't wait!!!!

Default Re: New Pair of CMT-340 SE on their way!

what did you have earlier?

Default Re: New Pair of CMT-340 SE on their way!

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    what did you have earlier?
    Cambridge SoundWorks New Ensemble II. Honest speakers and decently rated for their times, but definitely ready for retirement. The much higher sensitivity of the 340s will provide more headroom, especially for HT. I also expect the overall sonic qualities of the 340s to exceed those of the CSW.

I have the opposite of upgraditis, I tend to keep my stuff for the long haul I drive an 11-yr old Mazda3 Hatchback with manual transmission and 168,000 miles on it. I could buy a new car anytime, but I just like how it drives.