Thread: Dual Rythmik Fv15 HP set up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dual Rythmik Fv15 HP set up

I am very close to get two rythmik FV15 HPs to replace my current rythmik F15 in my basement. I currently have the F15 next to the couch( left ) . The only other place where I can keep the second sub is "behind the left speaker". I keep hearing the the two subs are best placed on opposite sides of the room - like front right and rear left, front left and rear right.

Wondering if it is bad to have the subs one each on both front left and rear left? I can try it myself but trying to avoid doing the heavy lifting if there are any clear guidelines for the location of subs.

With some innovative thinking and sacrificing some real estate I could make some room to place the second sub "behind he right speaker" but Wondering if this is definitely a recommended location.

Thanks

Default Re: Dual Rythmik Fv15 HP set up

I can't comment on the dual subs, as I only have one SB13 Ultra. But if you want to avoid heavy lifting, I suggest using furniture sliders, which make moving a sub around pretty easy. Yesterday I moved (pushed) the SB13 (92 lbs) to a dozen locations in my room to take REW measurements. I'm 68 and had back surgery 3 years ago, so I wouldn't have attempted this if it weren't for the furniture sliders. Of course this assumes you have the room to push subs past other items in the room

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    I am very close to get two rythmik FV15 HPs to replace my current rythmik F15 in my basement. I currently have the F15 next to the couch( left ) . The only other place where I can keep the second sub is "behind the left speaker". I keep hearing the the two subs are best placed on opposite sides of the room - like front right and rear left, front left and rear right.

Wondering if it is bad to have the subs one each on both front left and rear left? I can try it myself but trying to avoid doing the heavy lifting if there are any clear guidelines for the location of subs.

With some innovative thinking and sacrificing some real estate I could make some room to place the second sub "behind he right speaker" but Wondering if this is definitely a recommended location.

Thanks
    I bought 2 L12s a year ago with the intention of placing one in the front center and the other in the back center of my room. For my room the sound is better with them both up front, on both sides of my center channel speaker.
    Nate

Thank you. The more I read - looks like this is just a matter of trial and error. May be this is just the way to get some serious workout in cold weather:-)

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    Thank you. The more I read - looks like this is just a matter of trial and error. May be this is just the way to get some serious workout in cold weather:-)
    I didn't see any mention of if you have a sealed rectangular room. If so the spots are pretty predictable:

https://www.harman.com/sites/default...s/multsubs.pdf

2 subs is great and the best positions is midpoints of opposing walls, as you can see from the conclusion at the end, where they ran computer simulations and tested it in an actual room. If you are slightly shifting one to the left and mirroring things to the right with the other then that should be pretty close as well. If you don't have a sealed rectangular room, then all bets are off. Nobody can tell you the best place unless you have a lot of money. What you could do is get a receiver that has the highest level of Audyssey. That can independently adjust the phase on both until it gets the most even bass from seat to seat. If you were doing this with just a microphone, it could takes you days or weeks to try to figure this out.

I have a rectangular room but with two large doorways, one in the front left corner and the other on the left side. I also have hardwood floors with a large area rug on the front 2/3s. When I had a sub in the back of my room it sounded quite boomy. With both subs up front the sound is tighter and very consistent from seat to seat.

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I have a rectangular room but with two large doorways, one in the front left corner and the other on the left side. I also have hardwood floors with a large area rug on the front 2/3s. When I had a sub in the back of my room it sounded quite boomy. With both subs up front the sound is tighter and very consistent from seat to seat.
    You need to consider everything your room is open to, your actual room when it comes to bass. If you had doors on those large open doorways then your room would actually be rectangular and the Harmon research should give you a pretty accurate idea of where to place the subs. I'm guessing your room is open to the entire house, since the open floor plan is so popular right now. This means you probably have no idea where to place the two subs to get the minimal seat to seat variation and minimizing the standing waves. You need trial and error (moving them to various places and trying them) and measuring up in each seat and possibly playing with the phase of one to find the best locations. Or just putting them in the locations that you can and playing with the phase and using a microphone to see. Or you can use the highest level of Audyssey to do it for you.