Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on what just happened to my beloved set of mission 737Rs. I have them hooked up in my main system an apt holman pre/power amp and a kenwood record player. I often stream music also. I noticed the sound coming from the right speaker was a little off to start( started about 10 days ago) but would become normal after the first song was played. I figured since it was older equipment it was somewhat normal. Today I hooked it up to my Ps audio 5.5 pre amp/ ps audio cx200 power amp and played it with the same record player and streaming device. After the first side of the record I noticed that the woofer was no longer working. The woofer is stiff and will not move.

I understand the woofer is fried, but why? To trouble shoot I had switched the speakers left and right hook up on the amp. The left speaker worked perfect with both sides. Yes I understand the speakers are about 30 years old.

Thoughts? suggestions? Should I go get my amplifers checked out? Would rather not fry another set of speakers.

Cheers,
Nik