Thread: Thinking about selling most of my cd's and records

Default Thinking about selling most of my cd's and records

I'd like to get rid of about half of my records. Some favorites, and some are my own bands that I want to keep. Honestly I never play them. And I have about 200 cd's that have all been ripped and I'd like to narrow it down to like 25 cd's.

I did sell about 20 records on ebay individually but it takes time and still barely put a dent in it. I just feel like I'm storing things and that feeling can be a burden when you have to worry about excessive...stuff

Anyone else purge their music? Did you regret it? I play music almost entirely from my PC now and I have 10,000 albums on it.

Default Re: Thinking about selling most of my cd's and records

Sent you a pm
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Default Re: Thinking about selling most of my cd's and records

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I'd like to get rid of about half of my records. Some favorites, and some are my own bands that I want to keep. Honestly I never play them. And I have about 200 cd's that have all been ripped and I'd like to narrow it down to like 25 cd's.

I did sell about 20 records on ebay individually but it takes time and still barely put a dent in it. I just feel like I'm storing things and that feeling can be a burden when you have to worry about excessive...stuff

Anyone else purge their music? Did you regret it? I play music almost entirely from my PC now and I have 10,000 albums on it.

Yeah, in my case was because a combination of factors. I needed the money, I was starting to hoarding the place, I am moving and yes, because I rarely play them vs internet.

So I guess the main factor is that I'm moving from west to east coast, in doing so I noticed that I was starting to get a hoard vibe in my place and not only bc my cd collection. So bc of the big moving I needed the money aaand I noticed that with all of these streaming services is much easier to play all your jams on the go. I normally just subscribe to the free versions of them so no extra costs there.

Did I regret it? Noup, I think as long as you get to keep your "core" CDs/artists you are good to go. To me, at the end of everything I feel more "light" in the sense that I don't have many things in my place and somehow psychologically that makes me feel more flexible and with more freedom. It all depends on each case I suppose so just determine first what is your "core" CDs and work your way there.

Hope it helps!