Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sierra 1 or 2 for Home Theater

Default Re: Sierra 1 or 2 for Home Theater

I went from Sierra-1NrT to the Sierra-2 for home theatre and I think it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    I have seen a few others say that as well... the big question I have that I was hoping Dave could maybe chime in on, is which speakers is better in a less than ideal listening setup? Many people sitting outside of the "sweet spot" and speakers being closer to the wall than ideal, etc.
    I would say that of all the different speakers we currently manufacture, the least finicky with regard to placement would be the Sierra-2. The RAAL ribbon used in the '2 has exceptionally wide and linear horizontal dispersion. It is very spacious...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    I went from Sierra-1NrT to the Sierra-2 for home theatre and I think it's worth it.
    Concur. I liked the upgrade so much I pretty much immediately ordered some towers too

I have the Sierra-1 NrT's and the Sierra-2, I have not heard the Sierra-1's. With the sale right now on the Sierra-2 natural/piano black, it's a no brainer for me to spend the extra $190 for a pair of Sierra-2's. The RAAL tweeter is so much faster and articulate, displaying more dynamics and control. The midrange and bass is tighter if not as deep. At $500 per pair difference between the 1/2, I don't know if you're getting 40% more performance. The nice thing though is that Dave built the Sierra-2's so that you can upgrade the 1's when you have the budget. I don't think you can go wrong either way as all the speakers are neutral and sound 10x better than it's pricepoint. It's a matter of what you're used to... ignorance is bliss. Personally... once hearing the RAAL tweeter, it's hard to go back.

I read this post: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...4538#post54538 and am wondering if getting up and walking around with the s2 is better sounding than the 1 or 1-nrt. I noticed the bstock s1 with nrt upgrade is virtually as much as the s2 bstock so it's a tough choice for someone who's never heard either.

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    I read this post: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...4538#post54538 and am wondering if getting up and walking around with the s2 is better sounding than the 1 or 1-nrt. I noticed the bstock s1 with nrt upgrade is virtually as much as the s2 bstock so it's a tough choice for someone who's never heard either.
    Sierra-2's have MUCH wider horizontal and more linear horizontal dispersion than the Sierra-1 NrT. The 2's definitely sound better than any comparable dome when walking around the room.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com