Thread: Sierra-2 and Q Plugs

Default Sierra-2 and Q Plugs

Since my condo is small, I'm trying to find the best method for placement, while maximizing space. I found the Q-Plug thread in the announcements section, but found that there is no discussion re: Q-Plug and the Sierra-2.

Would the plugs be recommended?

Default Re: Sierra-2 and Q Plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Since my condo is small, I'm trying to find the best method for placement, while maximizing space. I found the Q-Plug thread in the announcements section, but found that there is no discussion re: Q-Plug and the Sierra-2.

They are not generally needed but I found them useful when I had the Sierra-2s stuck in each of the rear corners of my room as surrounds. You can always order them later if you think the bass is being over emphasized with your room placement.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post

We generally do not recommend Q-Plugs with Sierra-2 as the bass alignment between the Sierra-1 and Sierra-2 is different. Sierra-2 can be placed much closer to a wall behind them.

How much clearance will there be between the back of the Sierra-2 and the wall?

Will you be using a subwoofer?

Thanks in advance!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Right now I've moved it out about a foot from the back wall, but I would rather it be as close as possible to the back wall due to space restrictions.

I will be using a sub shortly, a PSA S1500.