Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra 2 Review Dave mentioned!!!!

Default Re: Sierra 2 Review Dave mentioned!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    Sierra-2 are an awesome speaker! I love them so much that I'm rarely on audio forums anymore as I'm fully content. From time to time I get an itch for the towers but I'm really happy with the S2 and the itch goes away. Dave really is one of the best out there, his customer support and what he's done for his customers like letting us S1 owners upgrade to the S2, for him to go to the trouble of making that 6" woofer fit in the current design shows a lot. Thanks for all the hard work and the great service you provide to us Dave! I got the S2 conversation kit on day one and these speakers still to this day impress me!
    Agree 100%! My feelings exactly. I do, however, still torment myself by visiting the audio forums regularly, but seriously, I have been so happy with the Sierra-2's that my speaker upgraditis has been satisified.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    I can definitely see/hear the advantage of sitting close to the speakers. One of my best audio experiences was actually from a pair of M&K K5s satellites sitting on my desk. If I lowered my seat, so that my ears were level with the speakers and leaned forward from my seat such that my ears were around 18” from the speakers, the result was really spectacular. I had figured that this incredible sound was a result of hearing more of the speakers and less of the room.
    Wow -- did you know that the M&K K5 (and K7) were my babies? I spec'd the tweeters, designed the crossovers, and did the majority of the CAD work for the cabinets...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Wow -- did you know that the M&K K5 (and K7) were my babies? I spec'd the tweeters, designed the crossovers, and did the majority of the CAD work for the cabinets...
    Doesn't surprise me one bit!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Don't know how I missed this. That is so cool! No wonder I love these M&K K5s. They make for some killer desktop speakers. My Mom also has a pair for surround speakers along with 3 of the M&K S-125 up front.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Don't know how I missed this. That is so cool! No wonder I love these M&K K5s. They make for some killer desktop speakers. My Mom also has a pair for surround speakers along with 3 of the M&K S-125 up front.

I also worked on the S-125, I believe I might even still have one in my personal speaker museum somewhere. I sold off most of my M&K stuff many years ago.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com