Thread: Integrated Amp Recommendations for Sierra-2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Integrated Amp Recommendations for Sierra-2

I wouldn't rule out a class A/B just over heat and power usage. I run my towers with an SA-250, 250w per channel 8ohm / 400 per into 4ohm class A/B. I have ran it for a couple years with 4ohm towers and now the sierra towers and it barely gets warm even after long periods of high volume listening. My Pre-pro actually gets warmer to the touch than the amp does.

Actually I just checked it, its been running for 13 hours straight, lower volumes for the last hour since the wife went to bed and you can't even tell it's on by touching it.

An Emotiva Stealth DC-1 and XPA-Gen3 would be a very nice combo if you don't need HDMI support. The Gen3 is using the amp blades from their previous very pricy flagship XPR line and are supposed to be excellent. It's class H also so very efficient and it's modular so you can start with two channels and add more later if you want to expand

I know you said you're ok with using the sonos DAC but if you listen to a lot of digital music the DAC is the second most important part of the entire setup behind the speakers. Sierras are good enough speakers that a good DAC will be noticeable over an onboard chip, much more so than spending more on a pricier amp.

GL with your search!
    Last edited by rneill; 02-01-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    MacMini -> Emotiva XMC-1 -> Emotiva SA-250 -> RAAL Towers / SVS SB13-U