Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixing Sierra 1"s with NRT Center?

Default Re: Mixing Sierra 1"s with NRT Center?

Hey Dan,

I have Sierra 1's as my LCR. Just got them this past July. I upgraded from old Boston Acoustics CR series from the 90s. It was a huge upgrade in 'fullness' of sound, especially male voices, and dialogue intelligibility. I have them all crossed at 80 htz. I have not heard the NRT tweeter or your Def Tecs to compare, but I would be surprised if you're not happy with dialogue intelligibility and clarity with the standard Sierra 1.

I listen to music more now than I ever have because it sounds so good! I listen in stereo with the sub and it is so much better than the old Bostons. They couldn't image at all, ha.

I say all S1's. I think you'd be most happy going that route.
    -Ben

Thanks Matty and dt! Looks like I'll be calling Dave and Dina Monday. The anticipation is killing me. I greatly appreciate everyone's help. Happy weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
    Thanks Matty and dt! Looks like I'll be calling Dave and Dina Monday. The anticipation is killing me. I greatly appreciate everyone's help. Happy weekend!
    Dan, did you order them? If so, when will you get them? Let us know what you think. I'm excited for you!

Yes, got the order in with Dina. She said 2-4 days for assembly then UPS ground with tracking info. I'm in North Carolina so with the holidays and all I guess it will be awhile. That's OK, I just got the Oppo 203 yesterday. The owners manual is like reading a tech book and I'm on post #2830 on the 203 owners thread on AVSforum. Daunting to say the least. Can't wait til it's all set up, dim the lights, pour a glass of wine and start the music!

Quote Originally Posted by doctors11 View Post
    Yes, got the order in with Dina. She said 2-4 days for assembly then UPS ground with tracking info. I'm in North Carolina so with the holidays and all I guess it will be awhile. That's OK, I just got the Oppo 203 yesterday. The owners manual is like reading a tech book and I'm on post #2830 on the 203 owners thread on AVSforum. Daunting to say the least. Can't wait til it's all set up, dim the lights, pour a glass of wine and start the music!
    Great! I live in VA and I ordered mine right before July 4th. With the holiday I believe it took 7-9 days to get them. The waiting was tough. Oppo 203 should be nice. I listen to most of my music through the google play music service. Streams at 320 kb/sec. Good enough for me. I am getting a turntable tomorrow. Never done much with vinyl. It should be fun!

What kind of turntable? I bought a Music Hall mmf 2.3 a year ago. The Oppo will be my first jump into sacd and dvd-audio.
    Last edited by doctors11; 12-21-2016 at 09:27 AM.

It's a standard one from probably the 70s, haha, MCS 6502. Putting in a new belt and a Shure M97E cartridge (something like that). See how much I enjoy vinyl before I spend much more money on it.