Hello community..

Long time lurker first time poster. I have had the pleasure of having the Sierra 2’s at home now for coming up on three weeks. I am going to explain my use case, my experiences, and I am openly soliciting any feedback, options, and suggestions.

Having been a long time Klipsch fan, going back to my younger years with Heresy’s, Fortes, etc. So much so, I built a home theater around that sound. All Ref series and it sounds fantastic for what it is used for.

Recently, I have found myself looking to get back to more traditional 2 channel listening, from my office/desk. Originally tried the typical Logitech setup… several iterations…that wasn’t going to do it. Then I thought about Klipsch. Ordered some RP16Ms. Certainly better than the Logitech but I found it really hard to listen to them for extended periods of time. Really in my face, bright, and while they certainly were able to get loud, I just found that I wouldn’t play music because the sound was not inviting. Sure, some of it is the music, TOOL, Metallica, etc, but also Stanley Jordan, Coltrane, Krall. It didn’t really matter. I would eventually get tired of listening it was simply a matter of how quickly, depending on the content.

What to do? Went to the local HiFi shop. Picked up a few different Integrated amps to see if the amplifying made a difference. Tried, Cambridge, Peachtree, Hegel, Parasound, Rotel, etc etc etc. What I found was that I just don’t like the Klipsch, at least for near field listening at all. So, trying different speakers. To date, Klipsch, Ascend Sierra 2, KEF LS50, Focal Aria 906, Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 and I have it down to either the Sierra 2 or the LS50.

Now the conundrum:

I like the Sierra 2, a lot, but I find that for near field, they seem TOO bright. The LS50 on the other hand don’t, But my problem is when I switch between them I feel like I want the clarity of the sierra2 but with the ease of listening of the LS50. I believe I have the AMP selected in the Parasound HALO integrated or, possibly the Hegel 160. Both have similar sound to me the former having a lot more extensibility (features)

My ask:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to make this decision? I fancy myself someone whom appreciates finer things. I place importance on things like engineering, performance, craftsmanship, and value, Based on that I really want the Sierras, but I feel like I am trying to put a perfect round peg in a square hole. I have no doubt, that if given a different placement, ie more traditional setup (not on a desk) that the sharp highs I hear in the Sierras would be seen as an attribute.. its just close up they are piercing, to me.

Current test bed

Desk is like 9 feet long by 4 feet deep
Speakers are placed on ISOAcoustics Aperta stands
Speakers are at the far edges of the desk slightly toed in
Left Speaker is in a corner right is not
MLP is centered roughly 3-4 feet from right and left speaker

Not concerned with bass. This is just fine. It’s the highs..

Any help is again most appreciated

Thanks

Elliott