Thread: Wall mount Sierra 2's

Default Wall mount Sierra 2's

Hi,

Currently I have them mounted onto Sanus stands.

Thinking of mounting them to the wall in my new home.

Thoughts and suggestions of mounts please.

Paul

Default Re: Wall mount Sierra 2's

Quote Originally Posted by paulrlight View Post
    Hi,

Currently I have them mounted onto Sanus stands.

Thinking of mounting them to the wall in my new home.

Thoughts and suggestions of mounts please.

Paul
    Or sell them and buy the upcoming Sierra Luna. Much smaller and has a bracket built in for wall mounting.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Or sell them and buy the upcoming Sierra Luna. Much smaller and has a bracket built in for wall mounting.
    Thanks for the reply Nate,

Would they sound as good as the Sierra 2's? And what can I sell them for/buy the new Lunas for?

I cannot see that making much sense. Or am I missing something?

Paul

Thanks for the reply Nate,

Would they sound as good as the Sierra 2's? And what can I sell them for/buy the new Lunas for?

I cannot see that making much sense. Or am I missing something?

Paul
    I think they would sound as good or better because of the wider dispersion. But it would definitely cost money to go that route. The reason I mentioned it is because it takes a lot of room to wall mount a speaker that is over 10" deep. I have 5 Sierra-2s currently and love the way they sound, but if I swap out my two surrounds for the smaller, front ported Lunas, then I could get them in a closer to ideal location. For wall mounts, check out Amazon.com for speaker mounts that are rated for over 22lbs.
    Nate

Thanks Nate, it sounds like I might be keeping the speaker stands possibly if it's too difficult to mount the Sierra 2's on brackets. I'm also using a Sierra 2 center that I'll mount somehow below the TV. I'll be moving my components to a closet, which is why I was thinking about wall mounting the L&R for a cleaner look.

What do you think about the HTM 200's for surrounds? They'll be mounted about 10 feet high on brackets pointing down.

I already have a pair of CBM 170's that I plan on using in a home gym.

Paul

Thanks Nate, it sounds like I might be keeping the speaker stands possibly if it's too difficult to mount the Sierra 2's on brackets. I'm also using a Sierra 2 center that I'll mount somehow below the TV. I'll be moving my components to a closet, which is why I was thinking about wall mounting the L&R for a cleaner look.

What do you think about the HTM 200's for surrounds? They'll be mounted about 10 feet high on brackets pointing down.

I already have a pair of CBM 170's that I plan on using in a home gym.

Paul
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was too difficult to wall mount the Sierras. Something like this would probably work if you have the room, which you probably do since you have them on stands now....https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9O8SI..._msutybQ23EDAQ
    My mind was thinking of the difficulty of wall mounting them as surrounds

The 200s would work fine as surrounds.
    Nate

Thanks Nate, yes I have the room. The reviews look good. But, what stops the speaker from slipping off?

And, thanks for not recommending the Lunas as surrounds.

The surrounds will be used for movies and TV only. I'll probably get the 200's.

Paul

Thanks Nate, yes I have the room. The reviews look good. But, what stops the speaker from slipping off?

And, thanks for not recommending the Lunas as surrounds.

The surrounds will be used for movies and TV only. I'll probably get the 200's.

Paul
    The speaker mount has an adjustable clamp that will keep the speaker from moving. I would make sure there is felt or something that is soft to prevent scratches on the wood.

I agree, for movies and TV, the 200s are more than adequate.
    Nate

I have those same Sierra 2's with that same bracket .. I have them for my surrounds.. I did (after I placed them exactly where I wanted them) drill 2 very small holes through the bracket and speaker to make absolutely sure they could not some day.... slide off ...