Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMT 340SE Center placement

Default Re: CMT 340SE Center placement

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hmm.. now I am confused.

Not quite sure I understand your post. If you set the speakers to small with an 80Hz crossover in your receiver, the receiver essentially sends 80Hz and below (12dB/octave slope) to your subwoofer and 80Hz and above (12dB/octave slope) to your speakers. Crossover point is determined by the receiver or processor - not the subwoofer. I am not sure where you are getting 120Hz from?
    I may have misinterpreted what the OP wrote:

"Good deal. So set xover in my Denon to 80hz for center just like the L/R 170s. Leave the LV12R xover on 120hz and run Audessey? "

I took it as saying that he had set the xover of the pre/pro or AVR at 80Hz for LCR and 120Hz for the woofer. Re-reading it I guess he meant the xover knob on the sub!

Is there an emoticon for an embarrassed red face????

Default Re: CMT 340SE Center placement

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    I may have misinterpreted what the OP wrote:

"Good deal. So set xover in my Denon to 80hz for center just like the L/R 170s. Leave the LV12R xover on 120hz and run Audessey? "

I took it as saying that he had set the xover of the pre/pro or AVR at 80Hz for LCR and 120Hz for the woofer. Re-reading it I guess he meant the xover knob on the sub!

Is there an emoticon for an embarrassed red face????
    No worries It can be confusing at times.

Yes, I believe the OP meant setting the LP filter knob on the sub to 120Hz. This should always be set to the highest setting when using the line inputs and connected to a receiver that will be handling bass management. When using the LFE input, the LP filter control on the sub is bypassed.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com