Thread: Ceiling mount Sierra 2 (piano black) how?

Question Ceiling mount Sierra 2 (piano black) how?

I purchased some heavy duty ceiling mounts for my Sierras without realizing they require screw mounting to the rear of the speakers. I don't mind drilling them but I am a bit nervous about cracking the finish or worse.

Better might be some different mounts but I am forced to use ceiling, not wall, mounts. There don't appear to be many options.

Has anyone solved this problem already?

Default Re: Ceiling mount Sierra 2 (piano black) how?

Quote Originally Posted by nball View Post
    I purchased some heavy duty ceiling mounts for my Sierras without realizing they require screw mounting to the rear of the speakers. I don't mind drilling them but I am a bit nervous about cracking the finish or worse.

Better might be some different mounts but I am forced to use ceiling, not wall, mounts. There don't appear to be many options.

Has anyone solved this problem already?
    It's pretty hard to find mounts for the single screw in the back of the Sierra-2 that will hold the 20 lb weight of the speaker. What I have seen other people do is buy a black pipe at the length you need with one end of it threaded, screw that end into a flange and attach that to the ceiling. Then, you can buy a speaker mount with a ring bracket and attach it to the pipe, or just drill a regular wall mount to the pipe.

The only other option I've seen is this guy, but it requires putting a wood screw through the bottom of the cabinet, and I wouldn't want to do that either.

http://www.pinpointmounts.com/AM39CP...withTiltSwivel
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

I'm not comfortable with that threaded hole supporting the weight of the speaker alone.

Here are the mounts I am considering: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/50-10890

Here's what they look like on the back of the Sierras:
    omg.jpg

Yes they would be positioned lower.

I don' t like how the plate covers some of the bass port. That's a no-no generally. I'll have to find more options.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

The plate can go below the plugs well. I should post another photo but I figure I'll do that once they're actually mounted to spare us the agony!

What about cutting the plate so that it goes around the binding posts?
    Nate