Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra 2 sub recommendation request with detailed room diagram

Default Re: Sierra 2 sub recommendation request with detailed room diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
    I'm using a single F12 SE with my Sierra 2's in my studio / listening room. Have it in one of the corners next to my mixing desk.

It works quite well (am using it 2.1)

I cross over at about 55 and it just fills in a tad of the low end without competing with the Sierras. Love how adjustable this sub is.

I run most of my stuff through Optical to a Bifrost with Multibit upgrade and a Plinius Integrated Amp, so somewhat similar setup / chain to yours.
    You're operating leagues above where I am! That said I am looking at a similar arrangement. Now that the Sierras are here the need for subwoofers becomes unavoidable. How do you handle your high/low pass duties?

Cool Re: Sierra 2 sub recommendation request with detailed room diagram

Posting to clarify that I am going to be using (or am, depending on when you read this) a MiniDSP to handle high/low pass per Sludgeogre's suggestion.

As of this week, my world sounds like this:
    iMac --> Schiit Modi Multibit --> Schiit Magni Über --> Nuprime STA-9 --> Sierra 2

The Schiit stuff is amazing. My headphones love me more than I realized. The new Sierras make me want to do unspeakable things to the world out of sheer love.

I think the amp is overkill for my purposes.

I hadn't given the L22 enough consideration but you've made me. The form factor makes sense in my space but I am skeptical about the increased output vs. dual L12s. Unfortunately the F12 and up are out of the question based on my requirements.

The L22 is rated at 5dB higher output than a single L12. Dual L12 should give you about the same plus you can place them in different spots around the room for smoother frequency response. I think dual L12s would be a good way to go.

I am leaning heavily to dual L12's, with crossover and time correction duties to be managed via a MiniDSP. I can hide the subwoofers and can move them between 3 of the 4 corners for the best bass response.