Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funky audio chain issues, time to upgrade! (Towers)

Default Re: Funky audio chain issues, time to upgrade! (Towers)

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    When you say replica oil paintings, do you mean oil painting printed on breathable fabric or do you mean actual oil painting?

If it is actual oil painting, then it will not do you any good as the sound most likely will not travel thru to the rock wool inside the frame
    You've kicked off another post for me! Assess the next step: "beyond the towers …"

Some good advice here. I started my room treatment with GIK bass traps, and they clearly know what they are doing. Personally, I'd spend less on electronics if it meant I could treat my listening space properly.

I also have a Schiit Bifrost with Multibit upgrade. Am streaming from an iMac with a long optical cable and the DAC has made a huge difference.

LIFE IS GOOD.

I am now auditioning the Modi Multibit --> Modi Magni Über --> Nuprime STA-9 --> Sierra-2 (sans ceiling mounting, subs, and room treatments) and it sounds incredible. The high gain is not needed from the Magni at all. The amp is probably overpowered for my office. It will be interesting to see where/whether it ends up with the Emotiva on the way. My buddy may bring by an older Parasound for fun too. I will report in more detail as my understanding evolves.

Thank you everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by nball View Post
    LIFE IS GOOD.

I am now auditioning the Modi Multibit --> Modi Magni Über --> Nuprime STA-9 --> Sierra-2 (sans ceiling mounting, subs, and room treatments) and it sounds incredible. The high gain is not needed from the Magni at all. The amp is probably overpowered for my office. It will be interesting to see where/whether it ends up with the Emotiva on the way. My buddy may bring by an older Parasound for fun too. I will report in more detail as my understanding evolves.

Thank you everyone!
    Nice, right on! Those Multibit DACs are truly amazing. Stoked to hear about how the STA-9 compares to the Emotiva amp.

Also, the gain adjustment on the Magni is only for the heaqdphone output, not for the preamp output. Try it with some headphones soon, though, it's an incredible amp. It'll make almost any headphones sound better it seems.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers