Thread: Question about an older F12

Default Question about an older F12

I bought a used F12 on ebay. Great speaker. Really love it so far. Seller said it's about 7 years old.

Just curious if there's any reason or advantage to upgrade the amp or any other aspect to a newer spec of F12? What improvements were made? The serial# is 4653

Thanks!

Default Re: Question about an older F12

How do you like it so far? I think if you're happy with it then don't worry about upgrading
    Nate

I bought the 12" Direct Servo kit directly from Rythmik back in 2007 or 2008, can't recall exactly. This was some time before Brian and Dave joined forces. I had a cabinet built from a third party company and simply applied a paint finish to it when I got it and installed the woofer & amp, along with some Dacron mat insulation to the inside of the cabinet walls. I did replace the amp after a year or two with the (at the time..) most current model. I cannot recall the exact feature or features I thought I wanted by doing that. Needless to say, even having those "old" components still gives me awesome bass.

I say just enjoy what you have!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Actually I am really enjoying it! Still trying to dial in direct mode though. And I need to figure out a sonic problem with my TT that's become more apparent with the Sierra 2's. I think I need to replace my preamp.

The downstairs apt is vacant lately. A little worried for when it's actually occupied. But the settings I'm using are supper subtle.

My girlfriend got used to it right away, didn't complain when she saw it (it came while she was away),
    and put some ceramic stuff she makes on top that amazingly don't even rattle around.

Thx