Thread: Horizon placement with projector screen?

Default Horizon placement with projector screen?

So I have a bit of an issue. I can either put the horizon directly below the screen or behind it. I know most will say behind however, that means I will have to pull the screen out 18" from the wall which will interfere with the doorway on the left. Not completely against this however it will look like shit.

This is a rental so will not be tearing the wall down to place the speaker in the wall or building a surround for the screen. If I did that I would have to rip up the carpet and tear the thing down when I moved out.

Will try an upload an image shortly.

Default Re: Horizon placement with projector screen?

Is this a fixed screen or motorized? Is it acoustically transparent?

It also looks like your sub is nearly as tall as the horizon. Wouldn't the sub get in the way as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    It also looks like your sub is nearly as tall as the horizon. Wouldn't the sub get in the way as well?
    That sub placement was actually the worst spot for it. Was the first place I tried it and was in a huge null. The sub will more than likely not be placed against that wall.

The screen has not been purchased yet. AT or not will depend on where I put the Horizon. Thought about just getting a S2 but its just as deep (minus 2 inches) so wouldn't save much.

I would rather have a fixed screen mounted to the wall. To get a drop down screen I would have to have a tab tension screen and they are about 4x the cost of a solid screen.