Hi guys,

A while back someone pointed me to Ascend and being in SoCal, the moment I narrowed it down I drove over and picked up Sierra's and have been very pleased.

I'm about to hire an Architect to assist with an upcoming room addition. I'm stuck with 8' ceilings and it will be 21' long and the width is tbd.

This will be a dedicated theater/music room space. I'll prewire for ATMOS (or whatever comes out next, in a 5.2.4 config) and thinking of using RAAL Towers, Sierra Horizon, and Sierra-2's for all surround speakers (haven't decided on the subs just yet.

Has any of you done this?

Being that we haven't broken ground yet it will be quite some time and slow going. I'll keep you updated but also being an audio newb I'll have lots of questions.

First though is in trying to nail down the equipment list. What would you consider as an example of the bare minimum I'd need to drive all of this. I simply have a Yamaha Receiver, OPPO blue ray, Sierra 1's, Xbox One etc. but that's all. I have no experience in higher end equipment. I don't want to spend too much but I also need it to sound good and fill the room. I have never really turned up the volume too much but look forward to retreating to this new space and just taking it all in. I suppose the first question is the budget. I haven't decided yet. This is why I'll start with the minimum list and modify from there.

Back to the speakers, I'm really happy I found Ascend. I posted something similar on AVS Forum but I expect home theater biased replies. My thought is that if I nail the musicality I'm ok wherever that leaves the home theater side of things. So bouncing this off you guys is just what I need.

Drew