Thread: I'm about to embark on the dedicated home theater/music room build.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: I'm about to embark on the dedicated home theater/music room build.

Thank you for your replies. I had mentioned this will be a long road but grasping just how long is becoming more of a reality. I haven't yet spent hours/days demoing or reading up on the subject. I currently have a simple space and my first thought before jumping online was only to run conduit to each speaker location and to use better drywall and insolation to keep the higher volumes in check.

I am ok with the 10k in will need on speakers but I wasn't prepared for the expense of the amps. There was a time for all of you when your systems were this modest. At what point did you decide to make the jump to dedicated amps? I'm curious if you can quantify the difference. Then you have later upgraded your speakers (my guess is you did this first) then something drove you to upgrade your amps. Is there an AVR that could do the trick alone?

Once the equipment list is nailed down it's back to room design. Thanks, all.
    Last edited by Drew888; 09-18-2016 at 10:19 AM.