Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally made the Sierra 2 plunge

Default Finally made the Sierra 2 plunge

Finally made the Sierra 2 plunge. I have a Cherry LR and center coming very soon.

Hope I love em as I really hate shopping for stuff!!

Going to try Pangea LS300 24" stands.

Thx all for various help and question answering.

Default Re: Finally made the Sierra 2 plunge

Congrats on your speaker purchase. Did you go with Sierra 2 as your center or the horizon? What were your previous speakers?

Thx. Sierra 2 center. Horizon is just too large for the current cabinet.

Congrats! You'll be very happy with them.

You likely will not be disappointed with them. Every speaker i owned previously had a mid-bass hump. That sound can be pleasing and "warm sounding" but it can mask the mid and upper frequencies. The sierra 2 is so neutral, and the woofer and tweeter stop on a dime with superb decay times like no other speaker I have heard.

I bought my Sierra 2s approximately a year and a half ago for my fronts and center, and have not regretted it one iota. In fact since I started using them I basically do not even read "speaker threads /forums" on the Web as I have no interest in any other speakers at his stage. I just enjoy my Sierra 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    You likely will not be disappointed with them. Every speaker i owned previously had a mid-bass hump. That sound can be pleasing and "warm sounding" but it can mask the mid and upper frequencies. The sierra 2 is so neutral, and the woofer and tweeter stop on a dime with superb decay times like no other speaker I have heard.

I bought my Sierra 2s approximately a year and a half ago for my fronts and center, and have not regretted it one iota. In fact since I started using them I basically do not even read "speaker threads /forums" on the Web as I have no interest in any other speakers at his stage. I just enjoy my Sierra 2s.
    Gee, you wrote exactly what I would have written, except I got my Sierra 2's in July of last year. Been totally pleased with them since day one. No more speaker threads! The RAAL tweeters are amazing.

Thanks guys - much appreciated. We'll see.

Thanks to Chase being suspicious of the charges, my delivery's set back another few days. Looking forward to setting everything up and listening....

My bet is you won't regret the purchase in any way. Make sure to pay close attention to set up (position, etc.) and speaker height. Once you find the sweet spot, you should be really, really happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
    ....Make sure to pay close attention to set up (position, etc.) and speaker height. Once you find the sweet spot, you should be really, really happy!
    Yes....proper positioning will make an ordinary speaker very good, and a great speaker like the Sierra-2.....magical!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Hmm. I don't have a lot of flexibility in location. Basically on each side of the TV. But they can be ~1 to 2 feet from the back wall. And I bought 24" stands that should be the right height for the couch.