Thread: Sierra-2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Very interesting and informative topic. I missed it simply due to my habit of going almost exclusively to the Loudspeakers, Subwoofers, Electronics discussions.

I can confirm the Sierra 2's bass performance as being very articulate and dynamic. I owned the Sierra 1's for over 5 years. Last March I bought the Sierra 2's and sold the Sierra 1's. But I had a great opportunity to (crudely) A/B them and the bass performance of the 1's had nothing over the 2's. In fact, I am astonished by the dynamics and speed of the 2's woofer during movies and TV programing, not to mention music!

I love the 2's and am now in the process of upgrading to the 2 EX so I am thrilled to have the upgrade path opportunity.

I never worry about "professional reviews". I've owned Ascend speakers since 2002 and I've always been amazed at the transparent developmental discussions on the forum that allow one to look under the hood so-to-speak, giving the buyer of these speakers way more information, knowledge and assurance of the model's quality and performance, than main stream speakers with lots of marketing dollars ever can!

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

This has been a great thread to read. When I bought my S2s, I auditioned the entire line. Dave let us A/B whatever we wanted, and budget ultimately led to a choice between the S1s and S2s. We alternated back and forth between the two over a wide range of music, using the exact same songs for each. I never felt the bass in the S2s was lacking in comparison to the S1s, and the amount of detail in the RAAL tweeters made for an easy choice. I've yet to hear the EXs, but plan to stop in someday soon to A/B them vs. the S2s.