Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My speaker journey: Tannoy, SVS and the final stop Ascend Acoustics

Default Re: My speaker journey: Tannoy, SVS and the final stop Ascend Acoustics

Quote Originally Posted by kyzersoze98 View Post
    You bi-amped the Maggies with xpa-5? I didn't even know you could do it with that amp.
    Pulled the jumpers out and ran 4 channels of the amp to the maggies, just left the center channel unused. The back plate of the maggies is extremely unique, you use a single stereo amp and jumpers or take them out and wire it in a weird way so that the tweeter has it's own amp and the two bass/mid panels have an amp. That gave them 600 watts at 4 ohms and really made them open up and sound awesome. As you can imagine, 6 foot tall panels make an insanely huge soundstage.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

[QUOTE=kyzersoze98;54771]Hahaha smart kids and congrats on the present to yourself. Thank you for the reply.

Whats this hotel california (hell freezes over) version about? Is it alot different from the original? I need to hear this....
    Edit: Ohhh it's the the eagles live album

Yeah, don't ask me why it's so much better than the studio version as live stuff isn't usually so good. The detail on the AcG is incredible and the kick drum is solid. I listened to that song on a buddy's Revel Ultimas, and the sound is imprinted on my brain. The Sierra 2's are so darn close in detail and soundstage to the Ultimas, but way cheaper.

Thanks for sharing your "journey" - and I agree on all counts in the quality of Ascends. I when through a similar phase, starting with Klipsch, SVS and finally settled on Ascends.

[QUOTE=Jaybeez;54774]
    Quote Originally Posted by kyzersoze98 View Post
    Hahaha smart kids and congrats on the present to yourself. Thank you for the reply.

Whats this hotel california (hell freezes over) version about? Is it alot different from the original? I need to hear this....
    Edit: Ohhh it's the the eagles live album

Yeah, don't ask me why it's so much better than the studio version as live stuff isn't usually so good. The detail on the AcG is incredible and the kick drum is solid. I listened to that song on a buddy's Revel Ultimas, and the sound is imprinted on my brain. The Sierra 2's are so darn close in detail and soundstage to the Ultimas, but way cheaper.
    I bought the album sound quality is incredible. I've listened to that song everyday since you brought it up thank you. Any other albums you recommend?

[QUOTE=kyzersoze98;54801]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post

I bought the album sound quality is incredible. I've listened to that song everyday since you brought it up thank you. Any other albums you recommend?
    Be sure to check out this thread. Tons of great well recorded music in many different genres. http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...ndation-Thread
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I have the DTS 5.1version of the eagles live in Australia and I do agree the kick drum passage is intense... however...the opening trumpt solo in hotel California is what give me goosebumps...my new sub should be arriving any day and this will be one of many test disc...I'll use...it's a must have...for any Eagles fan.

https://www.amazon.ca/Eagles-Farewel.../dp/B0007Z0VZC
    Last edited by billy p; 09-01-2016 at 07:20 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    I have the DTS 5.1version of the eagles live in Australia and I do agree the kick drum passage is intense... however...the opening trumpt solo in hotel California is what give me goosebumps...my new sub should be arriving any day and this will be one of many test disc...I'll use...it's a must have...for any Eagles fan.

I agree 100%. I have owned this DVD since the mid 2000's(2005-ish?) and is one of my favorites. Just be sure to go into the audio menu and select DTS or else it defaults to PCM stereo.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post

Do you own the dvd or blu ray version? How's the picture quality? I'm gonna pick this up just curious what the tracklisting is. Thanks!!!

[QUOTE=kyzersoze98;54801]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post

Dave's link should help you find some great material. It really depends on what type of music you like and with such great speakers, the quality of the recording makes a big difference. My taste in music runs pretty wide, so I could give you a bunch of recos. Tonight I listened to re-mastered Phil Collins and Miles Davis (HDTracks) and a new favorite jazz record called "Standards" featuring Patrice Rushen on keys, Ndugu Chancler on drums and Stanley Clarke on bass.